- Union Square is located in the centre of Aberdeen off South College Street, Guild Street, Market Street or Palmerston Road.
- There are 3 car parks at Union Square offering you a total of 1700 car parking spaces. Union Square car parks are easily accessible from Market Street, Palmerston Road and College Street.
All car parks are open 24 hours a day. The car parks are Pay and Display, with an automatic number plate recognition system in place to monitor payment.
If you have any problems, there are help points located throughout the car park or call us on 01224 254 326 and someone will be happy to help.
Our car parks are all monitored by CCTV and contain dedicated disabled and parent and child spaces.
Our Multi-Storey car park also has charging points for electric vehicles. The 8 electric car charging points are available on Level 1 of the multi-storey car park. To operate these simply open the cover and plug in. There is no cost for this service.
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the shopping centre.
- Union Square is conveniently located adjacent to Aberdeen Bus Station and close to most major bus routes through Aberdeen City Centre.
Aberdeen bound Stagecoach Bluebird buses all call at the bus station which is joined to the Union Square building.
Local Aberdeen City buses are operated by First Aberdeen and services 3, 3G, 5, 12 and 27 stop on Guild Street outside St Magnus House.
- The nearest Railway Station is Aberdeen.
- Union Square connects to Aberdeen Station through the doorways in the main atrium.
Aberdeen has train services linking directly with Dundee, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Inverness and also with London and many other destinations across England.
The train also provides a direct link for people living in Aberdeenshire with services available from Dyce, Inverurie, Insch, Huntly, Portlethen, Stonehaven and Laurencekirk.
- For more information on National Rail services please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language. Please phone the venue in advance for more information.
- British Sign Language interpreters cannot be provided on request.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- The venue offers a quiet shopping experience.
- A quiet shopping/Autism hour occurs every Sunday 11:00-12:00.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs, motorised wheelchairs, tri wheel walkers, mobility scooters, walking sticks and walking frames.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact Able Deen Shopmobility (01224 254 338) on Level P1.
Aberdeen Bus Station
- Aberdeen Bus station is located of Guild Street.
- There are 14 bus stands, each with step-free access.
- There is bench seating available.
- The Stagecoach ticket centre is located within Union Square Shopping Centre.
Outside Access (Aberdeen Bus Station East Mall Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located next to Aberdeen Bus Station.
- This entrance gives access to the East Mall.
- The entrance area/door is not clearly signed.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- There is a dark mat or floor marking at this entrance that might be perceived as a hole.
- The entrance door(s) does/do contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 180cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- Alternative access at this entrance is via double manual doors which open towards you (pull).
- The opening width for the manual doors is 170cm.