Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include student bar and social facilities and launderette.
- Services / facilities within the grounds include accommodation blocks.
- From the main university buildings and the city centre follow the A4018 along Whiteladies Road towards Westbury on Trym. At the top of the hill turn right at the traffic lights and take the first exit off the roundabout. Follow the road, towards Westbury-on-Trym, for 500m to the roundabout (The White Tree Roundabout) and take the first exit into Parrys Lane. Follow Parrys Lane down the hill for approximately 400m and the entrance to Hiatt Baker Hall is on the left. Continue through the Hiatt Baker campus and the Transport Hub and enter the University Hall car park with the main building on your left.
- University Hall has a small car park. All parking is by permit only.
- University buses (number 16) serve the main university buildings and arrive at the Transport Hub which is at the centre of the Hiatt Baker Hall campus, adjacent to University Hall.
- The nearest station is Clifton Down Station which is off Whiteladies Road approximately 2.5km from University Hall. The main railway station, Bristol Temple Meads, is 8km away.
- To see more information on Accommodation Office please click here (opens new tab).
- Telephone Number: 0117 954 6640.
- Email: email@example.com.
- To see more information on Parking at Residences please click here (opens new tab).
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To see more information on Disability Services please click here (opens new tab).
- Telephone Number: 0117 331 0444.
- Email: email@example.com.
Site/Campus Car Park
- The car park is located on the approach to the main building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- Designated Blue Badge parking bays are not available.
Charges and Restrictions
- This car park can be used by permit holders.
- Signs are provided to give information on parking charges/restrictions.
Drop Off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point in this car park.
Car Park Access
- There is ramped/sloped and stepped access to the car park from the main building.
- This car park is clearly signposted from the main building.
- The Residential Halls have a parking permit system in place.
- Student Permits are free for Blue Badge holders (or where permission has been granted).
- Visitors with disabilities do not require a permit but must display their Blue Badge.
- For more information, please see the Parking at Residences webpage (link in Useful Information).
Entrance (Main Building)
- This information is for the entrance located at the side.
- There is ramped/sloped or stepped access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are double (with one leaf locked).
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- There is a ramp/slope at this entrance.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope bypasses the steps.
- The ramp/slope gradient is slight.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- The width of the ramp is 130cm.
- There is a/are step(s) at this entrance.
- The step(s) is / are located to the right as you face the entrance.
- There is / are 15+ step(s) to access the entrance.
- The step(s) is / are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is / are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides going up.
- The ramped pathway from the Transport Hub to the main building has a shallow gradient but is approximately 50m long with no level sections.
- The reception is located to the left as you enter.
- The desk is 1m (3ft 3in) from the main entrance.
- The reception area is clearly visible from the entrance.
- There is step free access to this reception area.
- The lighting levels in the reception area are bright.
- The reception desk/counter is high (110cm+).
- There is not a low section of the counter (76cm or below) available.
- The desk is staffed.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- Monday 16:30 - 18:00.
- Tuesday 16:30 - 18:00.
- Wednesday 16:30 - 18:00.
- Thursday 16:30 - 18:00.
- Friday 16:30 - 18:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
Eating and Drinking (Club 1909)
- The following information is for the bar.
- The bar does not serve food.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 20m (21yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 42cm (1ft 5in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 70cm (2ft 4in).
- The standard height for tables is 70cm.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are not available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is not available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Flat 2 University Hall has been adapted to reduce the presence of allergens. The flat has wooden floors throughout instead of the carpet in all other units. As further units are redecorated more flats will be similarly adapted.
- The flats are in blocks of 10-12 and all have stepped access.
- There is a launderette facility at the road level of the main building. There is level access from the car park area.
- There are not accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
- There are male and female standard toilets facilities on the ground floor.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located to the right of the main entrance.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 15m (16yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Fire alarm strobes are located throughout to notify hearing impaired people of an evacuation.
- There is not level egress from the ground floor.
- There is stepped egress from the ground floor.
- There is sloped egress from the ground floor.
- The upper floor(s) is/are not accessed via a passenger lift.
- Access to the upper floor(s) is via stairs.
- There is not a refuge point in this building.
- There is not an evacuation chair for the building.
- There is not an evacuation lift for the building.