Show Easy Read
- Related link Vauxhall Station.
- The nearest National Rail station is Vauxhall.
- The nearest underground station is Vauxhall.
- Monday 05:00 - 00:00.
- Tuesday 05:00 - 00:00.
- Wednesday 05:00 - 00:00.
- Thursday 05:00 - 00:00.
- Friday 05:00 - 00:00.
- Saturday 05:00 - 00:00.
- Sunday 05:00 - 00:00.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
- There are several pedestrian access points located around the bus station, on Parry Street, Wandsworth Road, Albert Embankement and South Lambeth Place.
- There is step free access to the bus station from these pedestrian access points.
- There are drop kerbs with tactile paving when crossing from the access points over Bondway to the bus station.
- There is a dropped kerb with no tactile paving when crossing from the Parry Street crossing to the bus station.
- There are fixed bollards located at the South Lambeth Place access point. The width between the bollards is 122cm.
Level Change (Vauxhall Underground)
- There is a / are step(s) to access this area / service.
- The step(s) is / are located leading out of Vauxhall Underground Station.
- There is / are 15+ step(s) to the area / service.
- The lighting levels at the steps are medium.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is / are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is / are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- There is a standard and / or platform lift to access this service.
- The lift does bypass the step(s).
Lift (Vauxhall Underground)
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located in Vauxhall Underground Station.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are -1-0.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 90cm x 140cm (2ft 11in x 4ft 7in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
Reception (Information and Assistance)
- The desk is 6m (6yd 1ft) from the Vauxhall Underground entrance.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing system is not available only on request.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are not trained to use the system.
- The station is staffed.
- There are generally 1 member(s) of staff on duty.
- The station is not staffed between 22:00 - 06:30.
- There is an office to obtain help (other than the ticket office).
- The office to obtain help (other than the ticket office) is located to the right as you enter via Vauxhall Underground.
- The help office is 6m (6yd 1ft) from the Vauxhall Underground entrance.
- There are 9 stands / bays.
- The stands which have level access are A-J.
- The bus companies operating within this station are Go Ahead.
- There is not a taxi rank at the station.
- There is not a wheelchair for patrons to borrow.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial and written text signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is 7m (7yd 1ft) from the Vauxhall Underground entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located to the left as you enter.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door weight is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 154cm x 220cm (5ft 1in x 7ft 3in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is not a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is sensor.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a coat hook.
- The coat hook is within 120cm (3ft 11in) from floor level.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 44cm (1ft 5in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The hand dryer is 111cm (3ft 8in) high.
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The toilet roll holder is 118cm (3ft 10in) high.
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is poor.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- To access the accessible toilet you will need to have your own radar key.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located to the left as you enter via Vauxhall Underground.
- The female and male toilets are 10m (10yd 2ft) from the Vauxhall Underground entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the standard female toilets.
- The standard female and male toilets are open 07:00 - 22:00 daily.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water cannot be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service can be requested.