- The White Rose Shopping Centre is located south of Leeds, between the M62 and M621. From the M62 exit at junction 28 (Tingley Interchange) and follow the overhead signage for White Rose Centre. Exit the interchange onto the A653 (Dewsbury Road). After 0.8 miles continue straight across the roundabout. After 0.5 miles, at the roundabout, take the first exit and enter the White Rose Shopping Centre grounds. Follow the signage to the East and West car parks.
- There are 8 car parks surrounding the shopping centre. There are Blue Badge bays in car parks 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.
- There is a bus stop directly adjacent to the shopping centre.
There are stands on the north side of the shopping centre. Stand A is served by buses 9, 9A, 55, 117. Stand B is served by buses 117, 200, 201, 201A, 202, 203. Stand C is served by buses 65, 220, 221, 222, and 223. Stand D is served by buses 3 and 3A. Stand E is served by buses 9, 9A, 38, 47, 48A, 55 and 55C. Stand F is served by bus 12. Stand G is served by buses 200, 201, 201A, 202 and 203. Stand H is served by buses 65, 117, 220, 221, 222, and 223.
- For more information on bus timetables and information please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest railway station is Cottingley.
- Cottingley Station is approximately 1.2 miles from White Rose Shopping Centre.
- For more information on train times and ticket information please click here (opens new tab).
- For more information on National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
- The shopping centre does have its own parking facilities.
- The car park is located to the north end of the west side of the shopping centre.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park does not have a barrier control system.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a/are Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are clearly marked.
- There is/are 10+ designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) surveyed are 360cm x 603cm (11ft 10in x 19ft 9in).
- The dimensions of other designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) vary in size.
- Clearly marked/signposted parent and child parking bays are available.
- All parking spaces are provided on a first come first served basis.
- There are additional car parks for visitors.
- There are 7 additional car parks surrounding the shopping centre.
- There are no parking charges for the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are uneven surfaces.
- The entrance is clearly visible from the car park.
- The surface on the approach to the entrance is tarmac and block paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The nearest designated Blue Badge parking bay is approximately 5m (5yd 1ft) from the Village.
- There is a/are clearly marked drop-off point(s).
- The drop-off point(s) is/are located on the service road leading to Car Park 4 outside the play area.
- The route from the drop-off point(s) to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- There is some tactile paving on dropped kerbs between the drop-off point(s) and the entrance.
- The Blue Badge bays outside Cineworld have 120cm hatched markings and are signposted.
Approach (Car Park 4/5 to The Village and the Balcony)
- The surface of the approach is block paving.
- There is a/are fixed bollard(s) on the approach.
- The minimum width between the bollards/wall is 112cm.
- The bollard(s) has/have a good colour contrast to prevent them being hazardous to visually impaired people.
- There is a ramp/slope on the approach.
- The ramp/slope is permanent, has a slight gradient.
Outside Access (The Village)
- This information is for the entrance located on the west side of the shopping centre, off The Village.
- This entrance gives access to the balcony level, between Prezzo and Wok & Go.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- This entrance sign says 'white rose'.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- There is a dark mat or floor marking at this entrance that might be perceived as a hole.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The width of the door opening is 103cm.
- Alternative access at this entrance is via double manual doors which open towards you (pull).
- The opening width for the manual doors is 208cm.
- There is not a member of staff available for assistance at this entrance.
- There is a slope with a very easy incline.
Getting Help and Assistance
- Guest Services Associates, Security Officers, Cleaning Operatives and Car Park Attendants receive Autism Awareness training.
- There are members of the customer services team trained in Makaton, please phone in advance or go to the guest services counter.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- There is a designated place of safety which can be used by people with dementia, autism or learning disabilities.
- The Safe Places are located at the Customer Service desk on the ground floor, and the Management Suite on the balcony level.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are not available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs, motorised wheelchairs and mobility scooters.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact Shopmobility.
- Every Tuesday between 10.00 and 12.00 there is Autism Friendly shopping experience where music is turned off in the shopping centres and individual units.
- There are hidden disabilities lanyards available from the Guest Services Counter.
- There are sensory toys available from the Guest Services Counter.