- Monday 10:00 - 21:00.
- Tuesday 10:00 - 21:00.
- Wednesday 10:00 - 21:00.
- Thursday 10:00 - 21:00.
- Friday 10:00 - 21:00.
- Saturday 09:00 - 20:00.
- Sunday 11:00 - 17:00.
- The White Rose Shopping Centre is located south of Leeds, between the M62 and M621. From the M62 exit at junction 28 (Tingley Interchange) and follow the overhead signage for White Rose Centre. Exit the interchange onto the A653 (Dewsbury Road). After 0.8 miles continue straight across the roundabout. After 0.5 miles, at the roundabout, take the first exit and enter the White Rose Shopping Centre grounds. Follow the signage to the East and West car parks.
- There are 8 car parks surrounding the shopping centre. There are Blue Badge bays in car parks 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.
- There is a bus stop directly adjacent to the shopping centre.
There are stands on the north side of the shopping centre. Stand A is served by buses 9, 9A, 55, 117. Stand B is served by buses 117, 200, 201, 201A, 202, 203. Stand C is served by buses 65, 220, 221, 222, and 223. Stand D is served by buses 3 and 3A. Stand E is served by buses 9, 9A, 38, 47, 48A, 55 and 55C. Stand F is served by bus 12. Stand G is served by buses 200, 201, 201A, 202 and 203. Stand H is served by buses 65, 117, 220, 221, 222, and 223.
- For more information on bus timetables and information please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest railway station is Cottingley.
- Cottingley station is approximately 1.2 miles from White Rose Shopping Centre.
- For more information on train times and ticket information please click here (opens new tab).
- For more information on National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- Guest services associates, Security officers, Cleaning operatives and Car park attendants receive Autism Awareness training.
- There is one member of staff trained in British Sign Language. Please phone the venue in advance for more information.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- There is a designated place of safety which can be used by people with dementia, autism or learning disabilities.
- The Safe Places are located at the Customer Service desk on the ground floor, and the Management Suite on the balcony level.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are not available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs, motorised wheelchairs and mobility scooters.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact Shopmobility.
Related Access Guides (White Rose Parking)
- White Rose - Car Park 1 link (new tab) - click here.
- White Rose - Car Park 2 link (new tab) - click here.
- White Rose - Car Park 3 link (new tab) - click here.
- White Rose - Car Park 4 link (new tab) - click here.
- White Rose - Car Park 5 link (new tab) - click here.
- White Rose - Car Park 6 link (new tab) - click here.
- White Rose - Car Park 7 link (new tab) - click here.
- White Rose - Car Park 8 link (new tab) - click here.
- Digital wayfinders are not available.
- No wayfinding signage is provided in this area.
- This external area is not covered.
- The type of flooring in this area is tiles.
- The following types of seating can be found in this area; wooden benches.
- There is poor colour contrast between the walls and floor in the majority of corridors/walkways.
- Background music is not played in this area.
- There is a children's play area which is located at the front of The Village, between the shopping centre and the service road to Car Park 4.
- There is step free access in this area.
- There is a slight slope downwards from the car park end of The Village to the entrance to the shopping centre.
Ramp(s) or Slope(s)
- There is a ramp/slope located throughout The Village, running from the Play Area to the Shopping Centre.
- The ramp/slope is used to access all areas of The Village.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- There is a similar gradient running from left to right in this area.
- There are 3 entrances to the play area.
- The entrance at the top of the play area is located on the service road leading from the drop off point to Car Park 4.
- There are double gates which open away from you (push).
- The gates are heavy.
- The clear opening width is 174cm.
- There is a slight slope immediately before and beyond the entrance (3-4 degrees).
- The gates contrast with their immediate surroundings.
- The entrance is clearly signed as 'Play Area entrance'
- There is a slight slope on the approach.
- There are bollards on the approach with a minimum width of 94cm.
- The surface of the approach is block paving.
- The 2 lower entrance are located at the west side of The Village.
- There are no gates at these entrances.
- The width of the left hand entrance is 209cm.
- There is a slight ramp in front of the entrance (3-4 degrees).
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- The ramp is over 150cm wide.
- The right hand entrance is 202cm wide.
- There are 6 steps immediately beyond the entrance.
- The height of the steps is 16cm.
- The going is not between 30cm-40cm.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- There is a handrail on the right going up.
- There is a second lower handrail.
- The pitch line is between 90cm-100cm.
- The handrails are easy to grip and extend horizontally at the top and bottom.
- There is tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The play area has been surveyed from The Village entrances,
- When entering from the left hand entrance there is a slight ramp (3-4 degrees) leading across the play area from left to right.
- This ramp covers the play area from bottom to top, and zig zags throughout.
- The ramp overcomes all steps and gives access to all areas of the play area.
- There are 2 sets of steps within the play area.
- There are turning spaces (150cm x 150cm) at intervals throughout the ramp.
- There is a set of 10 steps located towards the front left of the play area with handrail on the left.
- There is a set of 11 steps located towards the rear right of the play area with handrail on the right.
- The steps are similar to the steps at the right hand entrance with a height of 16cm.
- The play equipment is located on a gradient that ranges from slight to steep.
- There is a range of play equipment including a slide, climbing net, climbing wall, see-saws and a swing.
- All of the play equipment is surrounded by soft foam matting.
- There are wooden bench seats throughout the play area.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located on The Balcony level of the shopping centre.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located on The Balcony level of the shopping centre.