- For up to date opening times, please use the following linkLibrary Opening Times.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Wickford.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Wickford.
- Monday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is Willows Shopping Centre Car Park.
- The car park is located to the rear of the library.
On Street Blue Badge Parking
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
On Street Standard Parking
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- Standard marked parking bays are located in Market Road, in front of the building.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 108cm (3ft 7in) wide.
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The doors open (no doors).
- The door opening is 88cm (2ft 11in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located to the left as you face the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located in front of the entrance.
- There is / are 4 step(s) to the area / service.
- Lighting levels at the steps are low.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- The ramp is used to bypass the steps.
- The reception desk is 15m (16yd) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk is high height.
- The desk has a lowered section.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use system.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in Braille.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in large print.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in audio format.
- There is an ordering service.
- The library does have computers with accessible software.
- Accessible software includes Zoomtext.
- Auxiliary aids are available for computer users.
- A large rollerball mouse is / are available.
- Other computer auxiliary aids include a higher level table (75cm).
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.