- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Bristol Parkway.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 6 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 16m (17yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 27m (29yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are loose chippings.
- The car park surface is loose chippings.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The Blue Badge Bays are not marked.
Access Point (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the access point located at the front of the venue.
- There is not an information board/map at this access point.
- There is step-free access at this access point.
- This is no gate at this access point.
- The path is a dirt track, so assistance may be needed.
Reception (Admissions Booth)
- The desk/counter is 26m (28yd 1ft) from the car park.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is high (110cm+).
- The desk/counter does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are adjustable.
- There is a lower window at a height of 103cm.
- Guest Information is located at the rear of the venue, behind the café.
- There is a steep slope at the entrance.
- The first set of doors are double and permanently held open.
- These doors are followed by a single door and opens away from you (push).
- Both doors have an opening width of 75cm +.
- The desk height here is 100cm and 76cm.
- Chairs without armrests are available.
- You can hire a wheelchair for the day from here.
- There is level access to the service.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Eating and Drinking (Courtyard Café)
- The following information is for the café.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 25m (27yd 1ft) from the entrance.
- The standard height for tables is 60cm.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Menus are hand held and wall.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold meals and snacks.
- The paths around the venue are mostly tarmac and have a minimum width of approximately 100cm.
- The venue is on a site rich in natural beauty, so please be aware that paths can be loose and uneven.
- Unfortunately this means that large parts of Wild Place Project are unsuitable for wheelchair users.
- There are several viewing houses and information points throughout the park.
- The entrances and exits vary in size from 90 to 120cm wide.
- There are no doors at these viewing houses.
- There is a viewing window at the Cheetah house.
The Giraffe House
- The entrance to the giraffe house is located to the front of the building.
- The doors open towards you, are double, heavy and 160cm wide.
- There are several benches throughout the ground floor viewing area.
- The ground floor exit is located to the rear of the venue.
- The doors at the exit open away from you, are double, heavy and 160cm wide.
- Access to the first floor viewing deck is via 15+ medium steps without handrails to the right of the ground floor entrance.
- There is an alternative entance to the rear of the venue.
- The doors at this entrance and exit open away from you, are double, heavy and 160cm wide.
- The ramp to this entrance is steep and has handrails on both sides.
- The giraffe house is open from 10.30 - 15.30.
- The shop is located at the rear of the venue, behind the café.
- There is level access at the entrance of the shop.
- The door is single, permanently held open, with a width of 75cm+.
- This door is also the exit for the entire venue.
- The desk height is 101cm.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is written text and pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 68m (74yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located to the left as you enter.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 174cm x 220cm (5ft 9in x 7ft 3in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 104cm (3ft 5in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are sanitary and non-infectious waste disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 45cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 89cm (2ft 11in).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located to the left as you enter.
- The female and male toilets are 68m (74yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.