Show Easy Read
Cockhedge Shopping Centre
- Services / facilities within the building include 4 consultation rooms.
- The venue is in a pedestrian area.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Warrington Central.
- There is not a tram stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- Monday 07:30 - 18:30.
- Tuesday 07:30 - 18:30.
- Wednesday 07:30 - 18:30.
- Thursday 07:30 - 18:30.
- Friday 07:30 - 18:30.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
Outside Access (Medical Centre)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The width of the door opening is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The entrance of the medical centre is located to the left as you enter the shopping centre, 28m from Cockhedge Way shopping centre entrance.
- The desk/counter is 6m (6yd 1ft) from the medical centre entrance.
- There is not level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is high (110cm+).
- The desk/counter has a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing system is available only on request.
- The type of system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- There is a touch screen.
- The touch screen is not at a suitable height for a wheelchair user.
- There is not level access to the service(s).
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played in the waiting area.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Level Change (Inside Access)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp or slope is located immediately beyond the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on the right going up.
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is tactile, pictorial and written text signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 8m (8yd 2ft) from the medical centre entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located in the reception area.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 88cm (2ft 11in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 225cm x 226cm (7ft 5in x 7ft 5in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 130cm (4ft 3in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are female sanitary and open waste paper bin disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 47cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 105cm (3ft 5in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.
- Home visits / services are not available.