- Related link The Park Royal.
- Related link The Park Royal Leisure Club and Spa.
- The venue offers 15 conference and meeting rooms, many within the purpose built events centre.
- The Royal Suite can cater for up to 400 delegates, and with a 4 metre ceiling height, flexible break out space and car park for 400 cars its size is unique to the area.
- This suite, along with the beautiful Garden Suite can be divided into smaller rooms, ideal for syndicate or break out areas. .
- Within the main hotel there are 4 well positioned meeting rooms, ideal for smaller, more intimate meetings.
- Opening times for the venue vary according to bookings/events taking place.
- The information in this section was taken in February 2021.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Warrington Bank Quay.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located at the front and side of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 4 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 400cm x 500cm (13ft 1in x 16ft 5in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 38m (41yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 45m (49yd 8in) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac and block paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located outside the entrance.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front left of the venue.
- There is ramped/sloped or stepped access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 180cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- The ramp/slope is located on the pathway leading to the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the ramp.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the entrance.
- There is/are 10 step(s).
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The height of the step(s) is/are between 15cm and 18cm.
- The height of the step(s) is/are 17cm.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- Handrails are at the recommended height (90cm-100cm).
- Handrails do cover the flight of stairs throughout its length.
- Handrails are easy to grip.
- Handrails do extend horizontally beyond the first and last steps.
- There is an identical door to the right of the one surveyed as shown in photograph 3.
- The desk/counter is 4m (4yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk/counter does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing system is available only on request.
- The type of system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- The reception desk is manned when the conference centre is in use.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- In the reception area there are doors to either side of the stairs that give access to the Royal Suites beyond.
- The doors are double, open both ways, are heavy and are 200cm wide,.
- Beyond the reception are the Balmoral and Highgrove Conference Suites.
- The double doors to enter the suites open towards you, are heavy and are 200cm wide.
- Tables in the suites are 73cm high.
- There are chairs without armrests in the suites.
- There is a screen separating the 2 rooms that can be removed to allow one large conference room.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are LG and G.
- There are 15 steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are the Garden Suites.
Lift (Service Lift)
- There is not a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the left of the Royal suite entrance.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G and 1.
- Wall mounted information boards are not provided at lift landings.
- There are manual, heavy, double doors to access the lift lobby on all floors.
- The lift is approximately 31m (33yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Staff do need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 88cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 142cm x 110cm (4ft 8in x 3ft 7in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does not have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does not have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- Staff assistance is required to use the lift as the lift is a service lift for the hotel and conference centre.
- The garden suites are located on the lower ground floor and are accessed via the stairs.
- There are 6 suites available.
- These are called Ash, Beach, Cedar, Maple, Oak and Willow.
- The following information refers to all of the suites.
- There is a single heavy door that opens towards you which is 90cm wide to enter the each separate suite.
- The tables in the suite can be arranged as required.
- The tables are73cm high.
- There are chairs with armrests.
- Fronting the suites is a reception area with chairs that have armrests and table that are 46cm high.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is written text and pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 6m (6yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located to the right as you enter.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 200cm (4ft 11in x 6ft 7in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 78cm (2ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are sanitary, waste paper pedal bin and non-infectious waste disposal units.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 43cm (1ft 5in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 124cm (4ft 1in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 86cm (2ft 10in).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female Toilet(s)
- The female toilet facilities that were surveyed are located to the left as you enter.
- The female toilet(s) is/are approximately 8m (8yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female toilet(s).
- Lighting levels are bright.
Access to Standard Male Toilet(s)
- The male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located to the right as you enter.
- The male toilet(s) is/are approximately 4m (4yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the male toilet(s).
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.