Show Easy Read
- The following information describes the route from the Lower Hospital Car Park to Vicarage Road Stadium.
- The route leads along Occupation Road.
- The approximate distance of this route is 180-200 metres depending on where you have parked.
- The route takes approximately 3-5 minutes.
- The majority of paths along the route consist of tarmac.
- There is not step-free access throughout this route.
- The potential hazards on this route include; steps and steep slopes.
- A buggy service is provided taking supporters between the car park and the stadium.
Parking (Lower Hospital Car Park)
- The car park is located off Thomas Sawyer Way.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does have a height restriction barrier.
- The maximum height of the restriction barrier is 220cm (7ft 3in).
- The car park does not have a barrier control system.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is step-free access throughout the car park.
- There is not a/are not Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- Clearly marked/signposted parent and child parking bays are not available.
- Standard parking bays are not clearly marked.
- The stadium is not clearly visible from the car park.
- The following information relates to the parking available on a matchday.
- This car park is for home and away supporters.
- This car park is for ambulant disabled supporters.
There are 15 spaces available for ambulant disabled supporters, however additional spaces can be made available if required.
Spaces are subject to availability. In order to book a space, please contact the club either by phone (01923 223 023) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to arrival/matchday.
- Parking spaces are available on a match-by-match basis.
- Parking is not free for all supporters on match day.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders on a match day.
- There is a £12 charge per match for parking.
- There is a steward available for assistance on match days.
- This car park is owned by Watford General Hospital who share it with Watford Football Club. It is only used by the club on matchdays.
There are 4 clearly marked steps with handrails on both sides leading up from the car park to the buggy pick-up point.
Supporters parking in this car park will have to be able to manage the steps mentioned above as there is no alternative/step-free route to the stadium from the car park.
Those unable to manage the steps will be provided a space in either the Stadium Way or Occupation Road car parks.
At the top of the steps there is a buggy service that will transport supporters to the accessible entrance of their choice.
The buggy service is also available to make the return journey after the game.
- Related Route Plan(s) View
Step(s) (Lower Hospital Car Park to the Staff Car Park)
- There is a/are step(s) located between the Lower Hospital Car Park and the Staff Car Park.
- There is/are 5 step(s).
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The height of the step(s) is/are between 15cm and 18cm.
- The going of the step(s) is/are not between 30cm and 45cm.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- Handrails are not at the recommended height (90cm-100cm).
- Handrails do cover the flight of stairs throughout its length.
- Handrails are easy to grip.
- Handrails do not extend horizontally beyond the first and last steps.
Staff Car Park to the Outer Concourse
- For those not using the buggy service, head towards the car park entrance.
- Once at the entrance, there is a raised kerb followed by a narrow dirt path leading onto Occupation Road.
- Once on Occupation Road, turn left and continue ahead for approximately 150 metres.
- There is a slight to steep uphill gradient along the entirety of Occupation Road.
- The path surface consists of tarmac.
- The path is uneven in places.
- There is a gate with an opening width of over 150cm at the top of Occupation Road, immediately prior to reaching the outer concourse (Rookery Stand).