COVID-19 Information (Westfield London Covid-19 Information)
- The information in this section was taken in January 2021.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
Car Park (Car Park B)
- The shopping centre does have its own parking facilities.
- The car park is located off the West Cross Route (A3220) then take a left turn. The car park is in the basement below John Lewis. Access is also via Wood Lane and The Square for guests with a valid Access Card, Parking Ticket or users of the Smart Parking App.
- The car park type is underground.
- The car park does have a height restriction barrier.
- The maximum height of the restriction barrier is 210cm (6ft 11in).
- The car park does have a barrier control system.
- The car park surface is concrete.
- There is a/are Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- Most of the Blue Badge bays are located close to the pedestrian entrances into lift lobby 9 or the direct entrance to the John Lewis lift lobby.
- There are parking charges for the car park.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- Free parking for Blue Badge holders is for four hours, Monday - Friday only.
- To see the parking charges please click here (opens new tab).
- Payment machines are located inside lift lobby 9 or next to the John Lewis lift lobby.
Access from the Car Park
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are dropped kerbs.
Drop Off Point(s)
- There is not a/are not clearly marked drop-off point(s).
- The centre has a Smart Parking app which offers discounted parking rates and the ability to park without having to operate the entry barriers or use the payment machines.
- The app does not recognise the 4 hours free parking allowed for Blue Badge holders.
- To qualify for the free parking period, please present your Blue Badge and parking ticket to staff at the Shopmobility desk located on level -2 in lift lobby 2, Car Park A (Middle Car Park). The parking ticket will then be validated, but Blue Badge holders must be present and any additional parking charges will have to be paid at the nearest parking payment machine.
- Please note parking tickets can only be validated at the Shopmobility desk and during normal opening hours. Parking charges outside of these hours will incur the normal parking charge.
- The Shopmobility desk is around 300m from Car Park B.
Designated Parking (Car Park B)
Blue Badge Parking
- There is/are 26 designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) on this level.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The dimensions of the designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) surveyed are 360cm x 600cm (11ft 10in x 19ft 8in).
- There is not a 120cm hatched zone around the Blue Badge parking bay(s).
Parent and Child Parking
- Clearly marked/signposted parent and child parking bays are not available on this level.
- Payment signs are provided.
- Payment signs are not clearly presented.
- Payment signs are located at the payment machines in the car park and at the payment machines in the building.
- Payment term signs do make it clear if parking charges apply to Blue Badge holders.
- Payment machines are located close to the exit into the shopping centre and in the lift lobby.
- There is not a payment machine at a convenient height for wheelchair users.
- There is a level turning space (minimum 185cm x 210cm) in front of the payment machine(s).
Access from the Car Park
- The pedestrian exit on this level gives access to level -3 of lift lobby 9. There is also direct access into the John Lewis lift lobby.
- The route to the pedestrian exit is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- It may be necessary to cross the path of moving vehicles between some of the Blue Badge parking bays and the pedestrian exit on this level.
- The pedestrian exit is clearly visible from the car park.
- There are marked walkways on this level to make routes safer for pedestrians.
- The surface on the approach to the pedestrian exit is concrete.
- The nearest designated Blue Badge parking bay is approximately 5m from the Car Park B pedestrian exit.
- Some of the standard parking bays are reserved for customers collecting orders from John Lewis.
Car Park Pedestrian Exit (Car Park B)
- This information is for the pedestrian exit located from Car Park B into level -3 of lift lobby 9.
- The pedestrian exit is not clearly signed.
- There is step-free access at this exit.
- The exit door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 150cm.
- There are bollards at this exit.
- The minimum width between the bollards is 140cm.
- The bollards do have an identification band to aid visually impaired people.
- Digital wayfinders are not available.
- There are similar entrances on both sides of the lift lobby.
- There is also a similar entrance with level access and automatic doors into the John Lewis lift lobby, shown in photograph 4.
Lift (Lift Lobby 9)
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located on level 0 between John Lewis and the Bronze Walk entrance. From The Square entrance on level -2, lift lobby 9 is at the end of the shopping walkway.
- Signs indicating the location of the lift are clearly visible from the entrance.
- There are 4 other lifts in this location.
- The other lifts have very similar/identical specifications.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- A member of staff does not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are -3 for car park B, -2 from The Square, mall levels 0 and 1, levels 3 and 4 for car park C.
- Clear signs indicating the facilities on each floor are provided on lift lobby landings.
- There is a clear level manoeuvring space of 150cm × 150cm in front of the lift.
- Lift doors do contrast visually with lift lobby walls.
- The external controls for the lift are within 90cm - 110cm from the floor.
- The colour contrast between the external lift controls and the control plate is good.
- The colour contrast between the external lift control plate and the wall is good.
- The clear door width is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 195cm x 195cm (6ft 5in x 6ft 5in).
- There are no separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- There is a list of floor services available within the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- There is a hearing loop system.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does not have tactile markings.
- The lighting levels in the lift are good.
Travelator(s) (Car Park B)
- Wayfinding signage is not provided for travelators.
- The travelators go both up and down.
- The floors which are accessible by escalator(s) are level -3 for car park B to level -2 for The Square.
- The foot and head of the travelator(s) are not clearly marked.
- The lighting levels at the travelator(s) are good.
Accessible Toilet(s) (Car Park B)
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located on level -2 of lift lobby 9.
Standard Toilet(s) (Car Park B)
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located on level -2 of lift lobby 9.