COVID-19 Information (Westfield London Covid-19 Information)
- The information in this section was taken in January 2021.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
Room(s) (The Fashion Lounge)
- The Fashion Lounge is located on level 2 of The Village, next to lift lobby 1.
- There is not wayfinding signage for the room(s).
- Signage for the room(s) is not available in upper and lower case lettering, that is clearly visible.
- The corridor outside the room(s) is sufficiently wide enough (150cm+) to allow wheelchair users to pass.
- The colour contrast between the external door and wall is fair.
- The colour contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- There is step free access into the room(s).
- The door opening width(s) is/are 75cm+ for the room(s).
- The door(s) for the room(s) is/are not push pad activated.
- The door has a closer and maybe difficult for some to open.
- There is not a hearing assistance system for the room(s).
- There is not a visual fire alarm beacon in the room(s).
- There is not fixed furniture within the room(s).
- There is sufficient space for a wheelchair user to turn within the room.
- A height adjustable table/bench is not available.
- There are some chairs with armrests on both side within the room(s).
- Floor coverings in the room(s) are not even.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are adjustable.
- The room has a tiled floor, partly covered by a central rug and by carpet in the fitting room area.
- The Fashion Lounge is the consultation area for the personal styling service.
- This is a chargeable service which must be pre-booked by email.
- In addition to the lounge area, there is a standard fitting room area which can be screened off by curtain in one corner.
- The room is also available to hire for meetings, training and events.
- There are folding screens to subdivide the room into smaller areas.
- There is a waiting area with sofas immediately outside The Fashion Lounge.
Lift (Lift Lobby 1)
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the left as you enter The Village on level -1 next to Waitrose or on level 0 near House of Fraser.
- Signs indicating the location of the lift are not available from the entrance.
- The lift is approximately 20m (21yd 2ft) from the Southern Terrace entrances into The Village or lift lobby 1.
- There are 3 other lifts in this location.
- The lift surveyed was the furthest lift on the right hand side.
- The other lifts have very similar/identical specifications.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- A member of staff does not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are levels -3, -2 and -1 for Car Park A and guest facilities, levels 0, 1 and 2 of the shopping centre.
- Clear signs indicating the facilities on each floor are provided on lift lobby landings.
- There is a clear level manoeuvring space of 150cm × 150cm in front of the lift.
- Lift doors do contrast visually with lift lobby walls.
- The external controls for the lift are within 90cm - 110cm from the floor.
- The colour contrast between the external lift controls and the control plate is poor.
- The colour contrast between the external lift control plate and the wall is good.
- The clear door width is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 230cm x 170cm (7ft 7in x 5ft 7in).
- There are no separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- There is not a list of floor services available within the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- There is not a hearing loop system.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting levels in the lift are good.
- Lift lobby 1 is used to access:
- Quiet Room/ Prayer Room - level -3
- Concierge, Valet Parking and Westfield Business Lounge - level -2
- Waitrose - level -1
- The Village shops - levels 0 and 1
- The Fashion Lounge and Gymbox - level 2
- On level 2 there is an easy slope up after the lift area to access the Fashion Lounge and other facilities.
Escalator(s) (Lift Lobby 1)
- Wayfinding signage is not provided for escalators.
- The escalators go both up and down.
- The floors which are accessible by escalator(s) are levels -3, -2 and -1 for Car Park A and guest facilities, levels 0, 1 and 2 of the shopping centre.
- The escalator(s) steps are not clearly marked.
- The foot and head of the escalator(s) are not clearly marked.
- The lighting levels at the escalator(s) are good.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located within the standard toilets on level 1 of The Village, near to lift lobby 1.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located on level 1 of The Village, near to lift lobby 1.