COVID-19 Information (Westfield London Covid-19 Information)
- The information in this section was taken in January 2021.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
Shopping Centre Internal Area(s) (Level 3 - Vue Cinema)
- The type of flooring in this area is marble tiles.
- There is flooring with a very shiny finish which could cause issues with glare or be perceived as slippery.
- There is good colour contrast between the walls and floor in the majority of corridors/walkways.
- The lighting levels are good.
- Background music is played in The Atrium which may be heard in this area.
- There is step free access in this area.
The lift and escalators to level 3 open directly into the foyer of the Vue Cinema.
All the seating and food outlets in this area are part of the cinema.
Lift (Lift Lobby 8)
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located off The Atrium, on level 0.
- There is 1 other lift in this location.
- The lift surveyed was the left hand lift.
- The other lifts have very similar/identical specifications.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- A member of staff does not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are level 0 for The Atrium, level 1 for the Balcony food court, level 2 for The Loft restaurant area and level 3 for Vue Cinema.
- Clear signs indicating the facilities on each floor are provided on lift lobby landings.
- There is a clear level manoeuvring space of 150cm × 150cm in front of the lift.
- Lift doors do contrast visually with lift lobby walls.
- The external controls for the lift are within 90cm - 110cm from the floor.
- The colour contrast between the external lift controls and the control plate is poor.
- The colour contrast between the external lift control plate and the wall is fair.
- The clear door width is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 230cm x 170cm (7ft 7in x 5ft 7in).
- There are no separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- There is a list of floor services available within the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- There is not a hearing loop system.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting levels in the lift are good.
- Photograph 6 shows the lift lobby 8 in The Loft restaurant area on level 2.
- Photograph 7 shows the lifts in level 3 Vue Cinema.
Escalator(s) (Level 2 - The Loft to Level 3 - Vue Cinema)
- Wayfinding signage is not provided for escalators.
- The escalators go both up and down.
- The floors which are accessible by escalator(s) are level 2 - The Loft to level 3 - Vue Cinema.
- The escalator(s) steps are not clearly marked.
- The foot and head of the escalator(s) are not clearly marked.
- The lighting levels at the escalator(s) are good.
Accessible Toilet(s) (Level 3 - Vue Cinema)
- The Vue Cinema has its own accessible toilets for customer use which were not surveyed.
- The nearest accessible toilets for public use are located off lift lobby 8 on level 0.
Standard Toilet(s) (Level 3 - Vue Cinema)
- The Vue Cinema has its own standard toilets for customers use which were not surveyed.
- The nearest standard toilets for public use are located off lift lobby 8 on level 0.
- The nearest family room for public use is located off lift lobby 8 on level 1.