- The information in this section was taken in December 2020.
- There have been no changes to the parking available.
- Some entrances have been marked as entry or exit only to facilitate one-way systems and bubble zones within the buildings.
- Anyone new to the College / visiting should only enter through Reception on each Campus.
- Some entrances / exits have been marked as either entry or exit only.
- Hand sanitiser is available at each entrance, and in public spaces throughout all buildings.
- Signage is abundant throughout the College reminding to socially distance and to keep left in corridors.
- Main Receptions desks have protective screens at all Campuses.
- Lifts have been restricted by keys - anyone needing to use a lift must ask at Reception on arrival; lifts are single occupancy or (+ carer) only.
- All toilets facilities are available - multi-cubicle facilities have been marked as single use / one-at-a-time only.
- Face Masks / Coverings must be worn in all public spaces. Those with recognised exceptions should wear their lanyard / request a lanyard at Reception.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in the Trowbridge campus.
- The nearest National Rail station is Trowbridge.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located in front of the Broughton Building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 5 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 365cm x 610cm (11ft 12in x 20ft).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 20m (21yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 40m (43yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are dropped kerbs.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located to the right of the designated bays as you enter the car park.
- The Blue Badge parking bays are to be used for Edington, Broughton, Lacock and Ashton Buildings, Arc Theatre, Sports Hall, Students Common and Pegasus Food Court.
- The College uses Parking Eye to manage the car parks. There is a 15 minute waiting time for visitors. If a visitor plans to be longer than 15 minutes they must register their car at reception. Students and staff register their vehicles for daily use.
Outside Access (Arc Theatre)
- This information is for the entrance located at the side of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 160cm (5ft 3in).
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 152cm (4ft 12in).
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- This entrance is push pad controlled to enter the building.
- The push pad is at a height of 86cm.
Level Change (Arc Theatre)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located leading to the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
Main Entrance to the ARC Theatre via the Trowbrige Restaurant
- The distance from the main entrance to the ARC Theatre is approximately 90m.
- After entering the college via the main entrance proceed towards the reception desk and turn right.
- Go through the left hand doorway towards the restaurant. There are double doors, 180cm wide, held open by magnetic catches (these will close automatically in the event of fire).
- Immediately beyond the door the flooring changes from non-slip slate tile to carpet. Continue through the open 150cm wide doorway and immediately turn left through the Trowbridge Restaurant door, held open by magnetic catches. The flooring within the restaurant area is laminate.
- Go straight ahead, past the Starbucks counter to your left and through the seating area beyond to the door at the back of the room (40 metres). The double door is 160cm wide and leads directly into the carpeted reception area of the ARC Theatre.
- The reception desk is to your right. The staircase to the upper floor is to the right of the lobby and has steps which project at head level. To avoid the stairs, cross the room on entering and keep to the left.
- The desk/counter is 2m (2yd 7in) from the Arc Theatre entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The desk/counter is high (110cm+).
- The desk/counter does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The desk/counter is staffed.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- There is level access to the service.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G and 1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are additional seating and a dance studio.
- There are designated spaces for wheelchair users.
- Designated seating is located at the front of the auditorium.
- Wheelchairs are left with the patron.
- A companion may sit with you.
- Companions sit next to you.
- It is 41m (44yd 2ft) from the designated seating area to the nearest accessible toilet.
- This venue does not provide audio described performances.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the hearing system.
- The rows suitable for hearing loops are all.
- There is a wheelchair to borrow.
- To borrow a wheelchair,contact the main college reception.
- Assistance dogs are allowed in the auditorium.
Restaurant Bar Internal (Arcadia Bar)
- The following information is for the bar.
- Once inside, there is level access to the service.
- Food is not available from the bar.
- Persons using the theatre can purchase drinks, snacks and confectionery from the bar and they can use the seating within Pegasus Food Court.
- There is an/are accessible toilet(s) within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 48m (52yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located at the rear of the theatre, near the Student Common Room.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 83cm (2ft 9in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 180cm x 247cm (5ft 11in x 8ft 1in).
- Floor manoeuvring space is clear in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 78cm (2ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency pull cord alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 44cm (1ft 5in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 104cm (3ft 5in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 80cm (2ft 7in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located towards the rear of the building.
- The female and male toilets are 48m (52yd) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.