- The information in this section was taken in December 2020.
- Visiting is suspended with immediate effect and until further notice.
The only exceptional circumstances where one visitor – an immediate family member or carer –will be permitted to visit are listed below:
• The patient you wish to visit is receiving end-of-life care.
• You are the birthing partner accompanying a woman in labour.
• You are a parent or appropriate adult visiting your child.
We ask that you should only visit patients on the hospital sites in these exceptional circumstances if you are not self-isolating and are currently well.
Please contact the ward or department in advance to discuss appropriate arrangements.
- The Trust understands that this will be upsetting and are very sorry for any distress that this may cause. However, your health, safety and wellbeing, and that of patients, communities, individuals, and teams across the organisation remain our absolute priority. Please find other ways of keeping in touch with your loved ones in hospital, like phone and video calls.
- Everyone should follow the expert national guidance on social distancing and self-isolation, staying at home wherever possible, to help limit the spread of coronavirus, protect the most vulnerable people in our communities and our NHS.
- Due to ongoing building work in response to the pandemic there may be limited parking. Those attending appointments please allow time to find suitable parking.
- A member of staff is located at all main entrances to ensure people wear face coverings, hand sanitise and have their temperature checked before entering the premises.
- You will be asked to clean your hands with hand sanitiser as soon as you arrive. There are hand sanitising stations throughout the hospitals / sites.
- Signage has been introduced advising to 'keep left' in corridors.
- You will find in seating areas there is signage on which chairs to use, this is to help keep people socially distanced.
- Signs have been put up on walls and doors to remind people to maintain social distancing.
- There are protective clear screens located at desks/counters.
- Whilst WWL expects everyone to wear a face covering if they can, they do recognise that some patients may find this difficult due to health or disability. In these instances patients must be reassured and other measures considered on a case by case basis (in line with Trust Infection Control protocol), i.e. clear face shields.
- All staff will wear face masks throughout the hospitals.
- Related link Main Hospital Entrance 1.
- Cafe @ WRVS is located on level 2 next to the main hospital entrance 1.
- Monday 08:00 - 19:45.
- Tuesday 08:00 - 19:45.
- Wednesday 08:00 - 19:45.
- Thursday 08:00 - 19:45.
- Friday 08:00 - 19:45.
- Saturday 13:30 - 16:00.
- Sunday 13:30 - 16:00.
- Sunday 17:30 - 19:30.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Wigan.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Wigan Wallgate.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is at the side of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 10+ designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 360cm x 520cm (11ft 10in x 17ft 1in).
- The nearest designated bay is 38m (42yd) from the main hospital entrance 1.
- The furthest designated bay is 70m (77yd) from the main hospital entrance 1.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The Pay and Display Machines will accept 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, £1 and £2 coins.
- For more information about car parking costs please visit the Trust’s website:
Outside Access (Main Hospital Entrance 1)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the hospital off Wigan Lane.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 132cm (4ft 4in) wide.
Level Change (Main Hospital Entrance 1)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance and leading to the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
Outside Access (Shop Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on level 2 next to the main hospital entrance 1.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open (no doors).
- The door opening is 145cm (4ft 9in) wide.
- Part of the entrance was blocked with shop stands, leaving a width of 85cm.
- The counter is 4m (13ft 1in) from the unit entrance .
- There is level access to the counter from the entrance.
- The height of the counter is medium.
- There is not a lowered section.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is non slip.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- The nearest accessible toilet is located off the foyer area.
- The nearest standard toilet is located on the main corridor on level 2.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.