COVID-19 Information (Aberystwyth University)
- Related link Gogerddan Reception Building.
- This is a route from the Main Campus Reception Building to the Gogerddan Campus Reception Building.
- This route is via the TrawsCymru T2 bus route from the Main Campus to Aberystwyth Bus Station and the 526 bus route to the Gogerddan Campus.
- This route is approximately 6.5km long and takes approximately 35 minutes to complete.
- The main hazards on this route include steep slopes and crowded pedestrian areas.
Campus Reception to University Bus Stop
- Exit the Campus Reception to the right and head out of the campus.
- The pavement has an even, level, tarmac surface.
- The pavement takes a slight gradient as you approach the A487 road.
- As you reach the A487 turn left to cross the university entrance road.
- This crossing has tactile paving and dropped kerbs on both sides with a level central island with tactile paving.
- This crossing is shown in photographs 4, 5 and 6.
- Head straight down the hill along the pavement.
- The path has an even, tarmac surface with a steep gradient.
- The university bus stop is approximately 30m along the pavement on the left.
- This is a sheltered bus stop with access points, 95cm wide at each end and bench seating inside.
- The bus stop is shown in photographs 8, 9 and 10.
- This bus stop provides access to the Aberystwyth Bus and Train Station via bus routes X28, 512, T21 and the TrawsCymru T2 service.
Aberystwyth Bus and Train Station
- Aberystwyth Bus Station consists of 7 bus stands.
- Bus Stands 1, 2, 3 and 4 are located on central island stands in the middle of the bus station area.
- Bus Stands 5 and 6 are located on the shopping centre side of road.
- Bus Stand 7 is located on the far side of the road, in front of the job centre.
- The bus stands, as shown in photograph 5, are sheltered with bench seating.
- There is a dropped kerb and tactile paving to reach all the central island bus stands as shown in photographs 2 and 4.
- Bus stand 7 can be accessed via the traffic light controlled crossing in front of the train station or the zebra crossing at the far right of the bus station, as shown in photograph 3.
- The bus and train station area has even and level flagstone paving.
Gogerddan Bus Stop to the Gogerddan Reception Building
- This bus stop is connected to Aberystwyth Bus Station by the 526 bus service.
- The Gogerddan Bus Stop is a covered bus stop with bench seating and a concrete floor, as shown in photographs 1, 2 and 3.
- Exit through the rear of the bus stop as shown in photograph 3.
- This path has an uneven concrete surface with a steep gradient as shown in photographs 4 and 5.
- Follow the path to the right along the side of the P T Thomas Building.
- The path has a brick block surface for approximately 3m and then has an even and level tarmac surface, as shown in photograph 6.
- There is a short steep ramp near the end of building as shown in photographs 8 and 9.
- Follow the pavement bearing right slightly underneath the archway.
- The path here becomes uneven and level with a concrete block paving slab surface.
- After passing through the arch turn left.
- The path in this area has an even concrete slab surface with a slight gradient.
- Follow this path around to the right along the front of the building to the Gogerddan Reception Building main entrance as shown in photograph 14.