COVID-19 Information (Aberystwyth University)
- The information in this section was taken in March 2021.
- Building opening times will vary depending on COVID-19 restrictions in place at the time.
- There have been no changes to the Blue Badge parking bays.
- In buildings where teaching takes place, one-way systems have been introduced, with some designated entrances and exit points.
- One-way systems will be in force during the changeover period between teaching activities (generally between ten to and ten past the hour).
Individuals with accessibility requirements, however, are not required to follow building one-way systems, and continue to be able to enter, exit and navigate buildings via the most accessible routes.
- In tight entrance and exit points, hand sanitising stations will generally be wall-mounted rather than free standing to maximise the available space.
- Hand sanitising stations have been installed at all building entrances and exits. Supplies of sanitising wipes have also been made available at strategic locations.
- Floor markings have been added to assist with social distancing and way-finding, to account for one-way systems. Signage has also been put on walls and doors to remind building users to keep at least 2 metres apart.
- Room capacities have been reviewed and reduced to ensure that social distancing of at least 2 metres can be maintained. Maximum room capacities will be clearly signposted at the entrances.
- Protective screens have been introduced at all reception desk areas.
- Building lifts should be single occupancy only, unless individuals are with other members of their households or extended households.
- Some urinals and cubicles in standard toilets have been closed to assist with social distancing. Majority of toilet areas have been changed to single occupancy areas only, adopting a knock and shout approach.
- Communal changing areas are closed. All shower areas to be single occupancy areas only, adopting a knock and shout approach.
- All users of University buildings are expected to comply with the University's guidance on face coverings Individuals who are exempt from the requirement to wear a face covering are asked to wear a distinguishable lanyard to identify to others that they are exempt.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Additional information about the measures in place for Covid-19 can be found here (new tab) .
- This route is from the Campus Reception Building to the International Politics Building.
- This route is via the main campus road and passes the Arts Centre, Hugh Owen Building and Student Union Building.
- This route is approximately 300m long and will take approximately 4 minutes to complete on foot.
- The main hazards on this route are uncontrolled road crossings and congested pavement areas.
Campus Reception to the Arts Centre Piazza Steps
- Turn left upon exiting the Campus Reception Building and bear right along the pavement.
- This area has an even, level, tarmac surface with infrequent manhole covers.
- After approximately 15m the path narrows. Keep to the right of this path.
- There is tactile paving on the right of the pavement for a campus road crossing.
- This area is shown in photographs 2 and 3.
- Proceed straight, bearing left slightly to follow path around a corner.
- After 5m cross the access road. This crossing has dropped kerbs and tactile paving on both sides.
- This crossing is shown in photographs 4, 5 and 6.
- Continue straight up the hill following the main campus road for approximately 200m.
- This pavement has a slight gradient and an uneven tarmac surface.
- There is tactile paving on the right of the pavement approximately half way up the hill for the main campus road crossing in front of the Hugh Owen Building.
- This crossing area is shown in photograph 9.
- As the road levels the pavement passes in front of the Arts Centre Piazza.
- There is tactile paving marking a main campus road crossing on the right and the Arts Centre Piazza steps on the left.
- There are rails lining the main path, on either side of the crossing on the right side and in the centre on the left.
- This crossing area is shown in photographs 13 and 14.
Arts Centre Piazza Steps to International Politics
- At the crossing turn right to cross the main campus road.
- This crossing is a level zebra crossing with tactile paving on both sides.
- This is shown in photographs 1 and 2.
- After crossing, turn left to follow the main campus road.
- The pavement is uneven and level with a tarmac surface.
- This path is shown in photographs 3, 4 and 5.
- After approximately 30m turn right to follow the path towards the International Politics main entrance.
- As you turn the corner the surface changes to wooden decking with grip strips, creating an level, uneven surface.
- This area is shown in photographs 6 and 7.
- The International Politics Building is located approximately 15m directly in front of you.