COVID-19 Information (Aberystwyth University)
- This route is from the Campus Reception Building to the International Politics Building.
- This route is via the main campus road and passes the Arts Centre, Hugh Owen Building and Student Union Building.
- This route is approximately 300m long and will take approximately 4 minutes to complete on foot.
- The main hazards on this route are uncontrolled road crossings and congested pavement areas.
Campus Reception to the Arts Centre Piazza Steps
- Turn left upon exiting the Campus Reception Building and bear right along the pavement.
- This area has an even, level, tarmac surface with infrequent manhole covers.
- After approximately 15m the path narrows. Keep to the right of this path.
- There is tactile paving on the right of the pavement for a campus road crossing.
- This area is shown in photographs 2 and 3.
- Proceed straight, bearing left slightly to follow path around a corner.
- After 5m cross the access road. This crossing has dropped kerbs and tactile paving on both sides.
- This crossing is shown in photographs 4, 5 and 6.
- Continue straight up the hill following the main campus road for approximately 200m.
- This pavement has a slight gradient and an uneven tarmac surface.
- There is tactile paving on the right of the pavement approximately half way up the hill for the main campus road crossing in front of the Hugh Owen Building.
- This crossing area is shown in photograph 9.
- As the road levels the pavement passes in front of the Arts Centre Piazza.
- There is tactile paving marking a main campus road crossing on the right and the Arts Centre Piazza steps on the left.
- There are rails lining the main path, on either side of the crossing on the right side and in the centre on the left.
- This crossing area is shown in photographs 13 and 14.
Arts Centre Piazza Steps to International Politics
- At the crossing turn right to cross the main campus road.
- This crossing is a level zebra crossing with tactile paving on both sides.
- This is shown in photographs 1 and 2.
- After crossing, turn left to follow the main campus road.
- The pavement is uneven and level with a tarmac surface.
- This path is shown in photographs 3, 4 and 5.
- After approximately 30m turn right to follow the path towards the International Politics main entrance.
- As you turn the corner the surface changes to wooden decking with grip strips, creating an level, uneven surface.
- This area is shown in photographs 6 and 7.
- The International Politics Building is located approximately 15m directly in front of you.