COVID-19 Information (Aberystwyth University)
- The information in this section was taken in March 2021.
- Building opening times will vary depending on COVID-19 restrictions in place at the time.
- There have been no changes to the Blue Badge parking bays.
- In buildings where teaching takes place, one-way systems have been introduced, with some designated entrances and exit points.
- One-way systems will be in force during the changeover period between teaching activities (generally between ten to and ten past the hour).
Individuals with accessibility requirements, however, are not required to follow building one-way systems, and continue to be able to enter, exit and navigate buildings via the most accessible routes.
- In tight entrance and exit points, hand sanitising stations will generally be wall-mounted rather than free standing to maximise the available space.
- Hand sanitising stations have been installed at all building entrances and exits. Supplies of sanitising wipes have also been made available at strategic locations.
- Floor markings have been added to assist with social distancing and way-finding, to account for one-way systems. Signage has also been put on walls and doors to remind building users to keep at least 2 metres apart.
- Room capacities have been reviewed and reduced to ensure that social distancing of at least 2 metres can be maintained. Maximum room capacities will be clearly signposted at the entrances.
- Protective screens have been introduced at all reception desk areas.
- Building lifts should be single occupancy only, unless individuals are with other members of their households or extended households.
- Some urinals and cubicles in standard toilets have been closed to assist with social distancing. Majority of toilet areas have been changed to single occupancy areas only, adopting a knock and shout approach.
- Communal changing areas are closed. All shower areas to be single occupancy areas only, adopting a knock and shout approach.
- All users of University buildings are expected to comply with the University's guidance on face coverings Individuals who are exempt from the requirement to wear a face covering are asked to wear a distinguishable lanyard to identify to others that they are exempt.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Additional information about the measures in place for Covid-19 can be found here (new tab) .
- This route is from the Main University Campus Reception to the Llanbardan Campus Reception in Elystan Morgan.
- This route is approximately 3.6km and takes approximately 20 minutes to complete by bus.
- This route is via bus route 301 to the Llanbardan Campus. Bus Route YP8 can also be used.
- The main hazards on this route include uncontrolled road crossings, congested pavement areas and steep slopes.
Campus Reception to University Bus Stop
- Exit the Campus Reception to the left and cross the road at the crossing, this crossing has tactile paving both sides.
- Turn right, this pathway is level and laid with tarmac.
- Continue approximately 500 yards until the end of the path, at the end of the path the kerb is dropped with tactile paving, cross the road, the bus stop is located on the left.
- The bus stop is sheltered with bench seating inside, the 301 bus service stops here.
Rural Studies Institute Bus Stop to Llanbardan Campus
- Exit the bus stop to the right and head down the hill.
- The pavement here has a tarmac surface with a steep gradient and is 125cm wide.
- After approximately 20m turn left into the university campus.
- The pavement has an even and level brick block surface which is 125cm wide.
- The pavement bears round to the left and the gradient becomes steep.
- Approximately 60m along the pavement turn right to cross the university access road.
- This crossing has tactile paving and dropped kerbs on both sides.
- This crossing is shown in photographs 6 and 7.
- Turn left after crossing.
- The pavement here has an even brick block surface with a steep gradient and is 125cm wide.
- The pavement bears round to the right.
- Turn right as the gradient levels out, into the Elystan Morgan main entrance.
- There are 3 bollards marking the edge of the pavement and the Elystan Morgan entrance path with a minimum separation of 110cm.
- The Llanbardan Campus reception is within the Elystan Morgan Building.