Show Easy Read
- This route is from the Main University Campus Reception to the Llanbardan Campus Reception in Elystan Morgan.
- This route is approximately 3.6km and takes approximately 20 minutes to complete by bus.
- This route is via bus routes TrawsCymru T2 bus service to the Aberystwyth Bus and Train Station and the 301 bus to the Llanbardan Campus.
- The main hazards on this route include uncontrolled road crossings, congested pavement areas and steep slopes.
Campus Reception to University Bus Stop
- Exit the Campus Reception to the right and head out of the campus.
- The pavement has an even, level, tarmac surface.
- The pavement takes a slight gradient as you approach the A487 road.
- As you reach the A487 turn left to cross the university entrance road.
- This crossing has tactile paving and dropped kerbs on both sides with a level central island with tactile paving.
- This crossing is shown in photographs 4, 5 and 6.
- Head straight down the hill along the pavement.
- The path has an even, tarmac surface with a steep gradient.
- The university bus stop is approximately 30m along the pavement on the left.
- This is a sheltered bus stop with access points, 95cm wide at each end and bench seating inside.
- The bus stop is shown in photographs 8, 9 and 10.
- This bus stop provides access to the Aberystwyth Bus and Train Station via the TrawsCymru T2 service.
Aberystwyth Bus and Train Station
- Aberystwyth Bus Station consists of 7 bus stands.
- Bus Stands 1, 2, 3 and 4 are located on central island stands in the middle of the bus station area.
- Bus Stands 5 and 6 are located on the shopping centre side of road.
- Bus Stand 7 is located on the far side of the road, in front of the job centre.
- The bus stands, as shown in photograph 5, are sheltered with bench seating.
- There is a dropped kerb and tactile paving to reach all the central island bus stands as shown in photographs 2 and 4.
- Bus stand 7 can be accessed via the traffic light controlled crossing in front of the train station or the zebra crossing at the far right of the bus station, as shown in photograph 3.
- The bus and train station area has even and level flagstone paving.
Rural Studies Institute Bus Stop to Llanbardan Campus
- Buses 301 and 588 lead from the Aberystwyth Bus Station to the Rural Studies Institute Bus Stop.
- These buses go every 30 minutes and take approximately 13 minutes.
- Exit the bus stop to the left and head up the hill.
- The pavement here has a tarmac surface with a steep gradient and is 125cm wide.
- After approximately 20m turn right to cross the Primrose Hill Road.
- This crossing has a dropped kerb on the near side only.
- This is a quiet road and the crossing is shown in photographs 3, 4 and 5.
- After crossing turn left.
- The pavement here has an even tarmac surface with a steep gradient.
- Cross the university access road.
- This crossing is uncontrolled and has no dropped kerbs.
- This crossing is shown in photograph 7.
- After crossing, turn right into the university campus.
- The pavement has an even and level brick block surface which is 125cm wide.
- The pavement bears round to the left and the gradient becomes steep.
- Approximately 60m along the pavement turn right to cross the university access road.
- This crossing has tactile paving and dropped kerbs on both sides.
- This crossing is shown in photographs 12 and 13.
- Turn left after crossing.
- The pavement here has an even brick block surface with a steep gradient and is 125cm wide.
- The pavement bears round to the right.
- Turn right as the gradient levels out, into the Elystan Morgan main entrance.
- There are 3 bollards marking the edge of the pavement and the Elystan Morgan entrance path with a minimum separation of 110cm.
- The Llanbardan Campus reception is within the Elystan Morgan Building.