Show Easy Read
- Related link Campus Reception.
- Related link Fferm Penglais.
- Related link Pentre Jane Morgan.
- The route plan is from the Campus Reception to Fferm Penglais Campus Pentre Jane Morgan entrance.
- The route has a walking distance of approximately 670m and should take about 20 minutes to walk.
- The hazards on the route are uncontrolled crossings, dropped kerbs and uneven surfaces.
Campus Reception to University Entrance
- At the reception entrance turn left and exit along the ramp.
- At the bottom of the ramp turn right and proceed along the pathway towards the University entrance.
- The pathway has a tarmac surface with an slight gradient towards the parking spaces.
- There are 2 Blue Badge spaces fronting the campus reception with dropped kerbs
- To the right passed the reception office is a bench chair with a map above of the college campus.
- The pathway leading to the University entrance on the A487 Penglais Road is over 150cm wide.
- The distance from the Campus entrance to the A487 junction is approximately 67m.
University Entrance to A487 Penglais Road
- At the entrance to the University Campus there is a dropped kerb to the left with tactile paving.
- Turn right at the entrance and procced along the pathway on the A487 Penglais Road.
- The pathway has a tarmac surface with a slight slope.
- The pathway is over 150cm wide.
- The A487 is the main road into Aberystwyth Town Centre which can become very busy.
A487 Penglais Road to Uncontrolled Level Crossing
- Proceed along the pathway on the A487 towards the footbridge in the distance.
- The gradient of the pathway starts to increase from slight to steep further along the pathway
- The pathway surface is tarmac with widths over 150cm wide.
- As you procced along the pathway, to the right is a service road into the university.
- At the junction there are dropped kerbs either side of the road with tactile paving.
- Procced along the A487 Penglais Road and head towards the footbridge.
- As you approach the footbridge there is an uncontrolled level crossing to the left.
- The distance from the university entrance is approximately 196m.
A487 Penglais Road to Uncontrolled Level Crossing
- Has you approach the footbridge there is a uncontrolled level crossing on the left.
- There is a tactile dropped kerb on the pathway in front of the level crossing.
- Cross the A487. The level crossing has a central reservation with tactile paving and warning barriers.
- At the central reservation traffic flows in both directions.
- As you cross the road there is a further dropped kerb with tactile paving.
- When you have navigated the crossing turn right and proceed along the pathway uphill.
A487 Penglais Road Level Crossing to Bus Stop
- As you proceed along the road you will pass the footbridge overhead.
- When you approach the road sign there is a pillar obstructing the pathway.
- At this point the pathway is reduced to 100cm wide.
- Proceed beyond the road sign up to the bus stop on the left.
- Fronting the bus stop the pathway is uneven with a width of 160cm.
- The bus stop has a weathered roof protector with bench seating.
- Buses that stop on the route are T2, X28 and 301.
- The distance from the level crossing to the bus stop is approximately 216m.
A487 Penglais Road Bus Stop to B4572 Junction
- Proceed along the pathway past the bus stop on the A487 Penglais Road.
- The pathway has a tarmac surface with a width over 150cm.
- There is a slight gradient leading up to the junction of the B4572.
- As you approach the junction turn left on the pathway into the B4572.
- The distance from the bus stop to the B4572 junction is approximately 60m.
B4572 Junction to Heol Rheidol Crossing
- At the junction turn left onto the B4572 procced along the pathway for about 40m.
- As you approach the Heol Rheidol junction turn left until you approach the dropped kerb.
- At this point you need to cross the road.
- The road is fairly quiet but traffic can come from both directions.
- There is a dropped kerb with tactile paving to either side of the Heol Rheidol.
- After crossing the junction turn right and procced along the pathway.
B4572 to University Service Road
- After crossing the junction at the Heol Rhediol.
- Procced for a further 30m along the pathway.
- The pathway along the B4572 is tarmac surfaced and over 150cm wide, with a slight gradient toward the kerb.
- After about 40m you approach the service road for the Penglais Campus.
- At the junction there is a dropped edge kerb with tactile paving either side.
- After you cross the service road proceed along the pathway.
University Service Road to Fferm Penglais Campus
- Procced along the tarmac pathway for about 40m until you approach the entrance to the campus.
- At the entrance turn left into the campus.
- There is a steep slope at the entrance which has a tarmac surface over 150cm wide.
- At the top of the slope you will be facing the side of the Y Sgubor Building.
- The surface at the top of the slope changes to a non slip resin surface.
Fferm Penglais Entrance to Y Sgubor
- At the rear of the Y Sgubor Building turn right to the corner of the building.
- At the corner of the building turn left, passing the bench seats on your right.
- Proceed along the pathway for a further 20m until you approach the Y Sgubor entrance.
- The overall distance from the Fferm Penglais Hub is approximately 670m in total.