COVID-19 Information (Aberystwyth University)
- This is a route from the Llanbardan Main Campus Reception in the Elystan Morgan building to the Equine Centre.
- This route is via campus access roads and paths and passes the Rheidol Building.
- This route offers two options from the Rheidol Building to the Equine Centre via either a set of steps or a steep road.
- The stepped route is approximately 200m and takes around 3 minutes to complete on foot, the route via the road is approximately 250m and takes around 3 minutes to complete on foot.
- The main hazards on this route includes steep slopes and uncontrolled road crossings.
Elystan Morgan to the Rheidol Building
- Exit Elystan Morgan and turn right on to the path.
- There are 3 bollards with 110cm separation between them, as you join the main path from the Elystan Morgan entrance.
- The path here is 120cm wide and has an uneven, level, brick block surface.
- There is a strip of tactile paving 50m along the path for a crossing to the campus car park.
- This is shown in photograph 5.
- At the end of Elystan Morgan cross the access road and continue straight ahead.
- This crossing has dropped kerbs and tactile paving on both sides.
- This crossing is shown in photographs 6 and 7.
- Continue along the main campus road pavement.
- This path has an uneven and level brick block surface which is 120cm wide.
- After approximately 50m cross the access road.
- This crossing has tactile paving and dropped kerbs on both sides.
- This crossing is shown in photographs 10 and 11.
- For an accessible entrance into the Rheidol Building turn right before crossing then cross the access road on your left at the raised road crossing.
- Continue along the path.
- This has an uneven and level brick block surface with a width of 125cm.
- After approximately 30m there is a line of tactile paving on the left of the paving. This tactile paving marks a crossing to the campus car park on the left and the stepped entrance to the Rheidol Building on your right.
Stepped Access from the Rheidol Building to the Equine Centre
- Turn left at the tactile paving to cross the main campus road.
- This crossing is level with tactile paving on both sides.
- There is a slight gradient on each side of the crossing.
- This crossing is shown in photographs 1 and 2.
- After crossing continue straight ahead.
- There is a path with an even concrete slab surface, a steep gradient and a width of 120cm.
- After approximately 5m there is a dropped kerb with tactile paving leading into the car park.
- This is shown in photograph 3.
- Cross the car park bearing slightly left.
- The car park has no designated pedestrian paths and has an uneven tarmac and loose gravel surface with a steep gradient.
- The car park is shown in photographs 4 and 5.
- Exit the car park in the top right corner of the car park via the steps leading off slightly to the right.
- This leads to 16 deep, unmarked steps with no hand rails.
- There is a gate crossing the steps on the 14th step.
- This gate has a spring lever latch which is 150cm high, the gate is 120cm wide and opens towards you.
- The steps are shown in photographs 6, 7 and 9.
- The gate is shown in photograph 8.
- The top of the steps leads into the Stables Yard with the stables, livery and equine offices on the right and the hay barn on the left.
Road Access from the Rheidol Building to the Equine Centre
- At the crossing continue straight along the side of the Rheidol Building.
- The path here has an even and level brick block surface.
- Follow the pavement around to the right to use the dropped kerb shown in photographs 3 and 4.
- Enter the road and turn left.
- The road here has an even tarmac surface with a steep gradient.
- Proceed straight ahead at the junction with the intersecting main campus road.
- The road bears to the right.
- The road here has an uneven tarmac surface with a steep surface.
- Approximately 60m from the main road junction the road splits.
- Follow the left spur.
- There is a gated road entrance to rear right of the stables.
- This area has an uneven tarmac and concrete surface with a varying gradient between slight and steep.
- This path enters the rear right of the Stables Yard.