COVID-19 Information (Aberystwyth University)
- This route is from the Rosser Lounge to the Hugh Owen Library.
- This route is via pedestrian paths and university access roads and passes the Parry Williams Building.
- This route is approximately 150m long and should take approximately 3 minutes to complete.
- The main hazards on this route include steep slopes and an uncontrolled road crossing.
Rosser Lounge to Hugh Owen Library
- Exit left from the main entrance, on the nearside of the low brick wall.
- This area has a level and uneven concrete block surface, as shown in photograph 1.
- After approximately 10m head down the hill path directly ahead.
- There is a lamppost in the centre of path as shown in photographs 2 and 3.
- The hill path has an uneven concrete surface 120cm wide and a steep slope down away from you.
- There are metal drain covers after approximately 5m.
- After 20m the path bears left.
- The gradient continues down the path with an uneven concrete surface. The path is 140cm wide with metal drain covers after approximately 10m.
- The path levels after approximately 25m and bears left past the front of the Parry Williams Building.
- As you pass the front of the Parry Williams Building, keep to the right of the path to avoid a series of steps running along the front of the building.
- These steps are deep and unmarked and shown in photograph 9.
- The path along the front of the Parry Williams Building has a slight gradient downhill away from you which is 150cm wide with an even concrete surface.
- Once beyond the Parry Williams Building follow the path down the hill and back on itself round to the right and continue down the slope.
- The gradient continues with an even concrete surface, there are multiple manhole covers within the first 10m.
- This slope is shown in photographs 10, 11, 12 and 13.
- At the end of the slope turn round to the left and follow the pavement along the side of road.
- This has an uneven, level tarmac surface.
- After approximately 5m there is a dropped kerb and tactile paving for a road crossing on your right, shown in photographs 16.
- After approximately 75m turn right at the tactile paving and dropped kerb to cross the access road.
- This is a quiet road with little traffic in both directions.
- The crossing has tactile paving and dropped kerbs on both sides.
- This crossing is shown in photographs 18 and 19.
- After crossing bear slightly left whilst keeping to the right of the path and continue down the slight ramp with a handrail on the right going up.
- This ramp has an even concrete surface, 105cm wide.
- This ramp is shown in photographs 20, 21 and 22.
- At the end of the slope continue straight ahead along an even, level concrete slab path.
- The Hugh Owen Library Accessible Entrance E, shown in photographs 23 and 24, is on the left.