Getting Help and Assistance
- Accessibility Guide please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- There is an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- Assistance/guide dogs are welcome in the accommodation but the hotel should be notified in advance so they can allocate the most appropriate room for customers.
- A limited number of wheelchairs are available for hire and must be pre-booked from reception.
A £20 refundable deposit is required and a rental charge of £10 applies to guests who cannot show documentation confirming their eligibility to guests who are not disabled or who cannot show proof of their disability.
The hotel suggests that guests who need a wheelchair to travel around the accommodation bring their own for ease and certainty.
The hotel is able to charge mobility scooters.
- Portable induction loops which can be used around the accommodation to assist guests are available reception.
Vibrating pagers are available from reception to guests who are deaf or hard of hearing.
These will be activated in the event of fire alarm activation or other emergencies requiring guest evacuation of the hotel.
- Upon arrival at the accommodation, please make reception aware of any additional assistance that you may require in the rare event of an emergency at any time throughout your stay.
They will ensure that these needs are met in the event of an emergency.
- Enchanted Village Store is located in the Enchanted Village.
- For the Enchanted Village Access Guide please click here (new tab).
- This information is for the entrance located at the centre of the Enchanted Villages - Woodland Lodges.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- This entrance is signed with 'Enchanted Village Shop'.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does/do contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the opening is 200cm.
- The majority of aisle widths are not 150cm+.
- The type of flooring is vinyl.
- There is flooring which is shiny and could cause issues with glare or look slippery to some people.
- There is good colour contrast between the walls and floor in all areas.
- The lighting levels are moderate to good.
- The till(s) is/are located to the right as you enter.
- There is step-free access to the till(s).
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the till(s).
- The till(s) is/are not clearly signed.
- There are windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors at/behind the till(s).
- The till(s) is not/are not placed in front of a plain background.
- The lighting levels at the till(s) are moderate to good.
- The chip & pin card machines are accessible from the till(s).
- The height of the till(s) is/are 105cm.
- There is not a lowered section at the till(s).
- There is a hearing assistance system at the till(s).
- The type of system is a portable loop (on request only).