- Something Special Sensory Garden is located in CBeebies Land.
- For the CBeebies Land Access Guide please click here (new tab).
- The nearest changing places is located outside of X-Sector (Adventure Land).
- For more information on the changing places please click here (new tab).
- The nearest accessible toilet is located in CBeebies Land.
- The nearest standard toilets are located in CBeebies Land.
- The nearest baby change facilities are located in CBeebies Land.
- For more information on the standard toilets/baby change facilities please click here (new tab).
- The guest information point is located in No.1 Towers Street, near to the Main Resort Entrance.
- For more information on the guest information point please click here (new tab).
- The medical centre is located between Towers Street and Mutiny Bay.
- For more information on the medical centre please click here (new tab).
COVID-19 Information (Alton Towers Resort)
- The information in this section was taken in March 2021.
- There have been no changes to the Blue Badge parking.
- There are external queuing systems at the main resort entrance and for the rides/attractions and buildings within the resort.
The external queuing systems for the main resort entrance have been designated into numbered lanes which ensures social distancing.
- Guest temperatures are checked before entering the resort. Any person who is displaying a high temperature associated with fever will not be permitted to enter. Please contact Guest Services should you have any concerns.
- Members of staff are available for assistance at the main resort entrance and within the resort.
- There are entrance and exit doors at the majority of shops/restaurants around the resort.
- Hand sanitisers are available throughout the resort and inside buildings/toilets.
- There is a limited capacity within the resort and all tickets must be pre-booked in advance.
- Face masks are required on selected rides, indoor attractions and queue lines, shops and toilets, public areas in hotels and when queuing inside for food and drinks.
- Guests are advised to keep left when using walkways and roaming the resort.
- Floor markings are in place at the majority of ride/attraction queuing systems and throughout walkways, to allow for social distancing.
- Signage has been installed throughout the resort informing guests of the safety measures and instructions to follow.
- Clear screens have been installed at all guest facing counters/desks.
- Toilets remain open as usual, however some cubicles/urinals will be closed off to allow for social distancing.
- Additional hygiene and cleaning programmes have been introduced around the resort with all front facing staff wearing PPE.
- The venue is certified with the 'We’re Good To Go’ COVID-19 industry standard.
- For more information on the 'We're Good to Go' Industry Standard please click here.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
Getting Help and Assistance
- For the theme park map please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- There is a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; large print on request.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs and mobility scooters.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact a member of staff or Guest Services.
- There is a designated place of safety which can be used by people who may feel scared or at risk.
- The quiet/safe place is located in No.1 Towers Street.
- Ear defenders and RADAR keys are available from Guest Services.
- Portable hearing loops are available for use around the resort. These are available from Guest Services.
- Free WiFi is available throughout the resort.
- All staff undertake Disability Awareness and Equality Training.
- This ride/attraction access point is signed.
- The restrictions board is clearly visible at this access point.
- There is step-free access at this access point.
- This access point is an opening with no gate(s) or door(s).
- The access point does/do contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The access point opening width is 190cm.
Area (Sensory Garden)
Access and Circulation
- There is step-free access throughout this area.
- There is a slight slope leading down to/up from the distorting mirrors area of the garden.
The rest of the garden is level throughout.
- The surface throughout consists of wood, rubber flooring and block paving.
- There is some flooring which includes patterns or colours which could be confusing or look like steps or holes to some people.
- During busy periods this area can become congested.
- There are resting areas in this area.
- Seating in the resting area(s) include(s); bench seating.
- Vending machines are not available in this area.
- There are video screens throughout the garden showing Makaton sign language.
In addition to this, there are interactive sign language teaching boards with instructions on how to sign different garden creatures.
There is a button below the boards that trigger a speaker that explains more about the activity.
The buttons are at a height of 54cm.
There are flowerbeds throughout the garden containing a variety of plant life that can be touched and smelt by guests as a sensory experience.
The flower beds are at heights between 45cm and 59cm.
There are some colourful drums located towards the rear of the garden that can be played.
There are also some carnival mirrors that distort the shape of the reflection.
Signage and Audio
- Wayfinding signage is not provided.
- There is not background music/noise in this area.
- This ride/attraction exit point is not signed.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this exit point.
- This exit point is an opening with no gate(s) or door(s).
- The exit point does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The exit point opening width is 300cm.
- The ramp/slope is located leading down and out of the sensory garden.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.