- Services / facilities within the grounds include the lodge, picnic tables, the lough and accessible fishing bays.
- This council owned facility is run by Banbridge Angling Club.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Scarva.
- The venue has seasonal opening times.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located in front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 3 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 300cm x 600cm (9ft 10in x 19ft 8in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 4m (4yd 1ft) from the lodge entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 30m (32yd 2ft) from the lodge entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The furthest accessible bay from the lodge is 4m from the wheelyboat boarding access.
- There is an overspill car park available.
- There is a steep slope leading from the overspill car park to the lodge, lough and the fishing facilities.
Outside Access (Lodge Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are light.
- The width of the door opening is 77cm (2ft 6in).
Level Change (Lodge Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- The desk/counter is 1m (3ft 3in) from the lodge entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is low (76cm or lower).
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are not allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Parks and Gardens
- The park or garden does have footpaths.
- The path(s) has a / have tarmac and concrete surface(s).
- The majority of the path(s) is / are wide enough for wheelchair users.
- There are easy, moderate and steep slopes on the paths.
- There are bench seats situated along the paths for people to rest.
- There is fixed bench seating with barbeque facilites attached to the table.
Accessible Fishing Bays
- There are 3 accessible fishing bays through the gate to the right of the lodge.
- The gate is 133cm wide and opens away from you.
- The gate opens by sliding bolt.
- The path to the accessible fishing bays has a very easy slope.
- The path is concrete and is 120cm wide.
- The closest bay is 50m from the lodge.
- The furthest bay is 140m from the lodge.
- The are 2 shelters along the path for inclement weather.
Accessible Fishing Boat
- The venue has 1 wheelyboat mark 11.
- The boat has a ramp for easy boarding for wheelchair users.
- The boat can hold up to 4 adults.
- The length of the boat is 4.6m.
- The width of the boat is 2m.
- The width of the ramp is 110cm.
- Staff are on hand to take equipment on to the boat if required.
- The open entrance to the bridge leading to the play park is 177cm wide.
- The gate to the park is single, light and opens away from you.
- The gate is 115cm wide.
- There is a variety of activity equipment for children including swings, slides and climbing frames.
- There is a similar gate at the furthest end of the park leading to 8 rough steps allowing a panoramic view of the lough.
- The steps have a handrail going up on the right.
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
- The accessible toilet cubicle was being used for storage at the time of the survey.
Location and Access
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial and written text signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 1m (3ft 3in) from the lodge entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located to the right of the lodge.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from reception.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 153cm x 198cm (5ft x 6ft 6in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is not an emergency alarm.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are open waste paper bin disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 108cm (3ft 7in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located to the side of the lodge.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 7m (7yd 1ft) from the lodge entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located on the grassed areas around the venue.