- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Basingstoke.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Basingstoke.
- There are separate doors for entering and exiting.
- There is not a member of staff available at the entrance.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- There is a limited number of people allowed inside.
- There is a one-way system throughout.
- The one-way system is clearly marked/signed.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- There are protective clear screens located at tills/counters.
- Toilets are available.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- There are 2 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 365cm x 600cm (11ft x 19ft).
- The nearest designated bay is 10m (10yd 3ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 14m (15yd 12in) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are dropped kerbs.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb / non stepped access from the car park to the venue.
- The dropped kerb does have tactile paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There are additional designated parking bays throughout the Basingstoke Leisure Park.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 170cm (5ft) wide.
- The doors are push pad operated and open towards you.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played throughout the building.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the cafe.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is a lowered section at the service counter.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is 4m (4yd 14in) from the main entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 50cm (19in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 73cm (2ft).
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Menus are hand held and wall.
- Menus are available in Braille.
- Menus are available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is teas, coffees and snacks.
- Staff can provide full table service if needed.
- There is an/are accessible toilet(s) within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 14m (15yd 11in) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located at the rear of the cafe.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 240cm (4ft 11in x 7ft 10in).
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 79cm (2ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- The baby change facilities are located in the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the baby change facility.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The unisex toilets are located at the rear of the venue.
- Unisex toilets are 12m (13yd 4in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the unisex toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.