- The information in this section was taken in December 2021.
- There is not a member of staff available at the entrance.
- There is a hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are free standing.
- The height of the hand sanitiser is 65cm.
- Hand sanitisers are available inside the venue.
- There is a limited number of people allowed inside.
- There is a Track and Trace system in place.
- There is a one-way system throughout.
- There is not clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- There are protective clear screens located at desks/counters.
- Toilets are available.
- Opening times for the venue vary according to bookings/events taking place.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Basingstoke.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Basingstoke.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is Abbey Road Car Park.
- The car park is located off Abbey Road, by the local shops and Post Office.
- There is a/are Blue Badge parking bay(s) available within the car park.
On Street Blue Badge Parking
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
On Street Standard Parking
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There are three clearly marked Blue Badge bays in the car park.
- The Blue Badge bays are 227cm x 470cm, with hatching at the sides.
- A wheelchair user may require help as there is a short steep slope from the car park to the pavement, at the dropped kerb, as shown in photograph 3.
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The main automatic door(s) is/are push pad or push button activated.
- The push pad or push button is 120cm from floor level.
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 197cm.
- There is a door release button when exiting.
- The height of the door release button is 123cm (4ft).
- There is a gate before the entrance, which opens away from you (push) to a width of 100cm.
- The desk/counter is 5m (5yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk/counter does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are good.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are not trained to use the system.
- The hearing assistance system was not tested at the time of the survey.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played depending on events.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are good.
- There is a hearing loop in the large hall.
- The community centre has a large hall at the rear of the venue (as shown in photographs 3 and 4), and a second hall immediately to the right of the main entrance (as shown in photographs 5 and 6).
- Outside, to the left of the entrance, is a fenced, soft-surface play area with bench seating (as shown in photographs 7 and 8).
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located past reception, on the right.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The door is easy to open.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 205cm x 205cm (6ft 9in x 6ft 9in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 115cm (3ft 9in).
- There are dropdown rails on both sides of the toilet.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are sanitary and general domestic waste disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 44cm (1ft 5in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 75cm (2ft 6in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are good.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located in the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The grab rails on both sides of the toilet are vertical.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located past reception and to the right.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 12m (13yd 4in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- An ambulant toilet cubicle with wall mounted grab rails is available.
- Lighting levels in the female and male toilets are good.
- There is an ambulant toilet cubicle in the female toilets, with a horizontal grab rail to the left when facing the toilet and a dropdown rail to the right, as shown in photograph 7.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.