Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include G - BSU Archive
1 - Training Room 101: Centre for Creativity
2 - CE 201.
- This venue is situated in the Bath Spa University, Newton Campus.
- The venue is in a pedestrian area.
- The nearest National Rail station is Oldfield Park.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located to the right of the venue in front of the Corston Building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 7 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 368cm x 457cm (12ft 1in x 14ft 12in).
- The nearest designated bay is 45m (49yd 8in) from the Castle Entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 67m (73yd 10in) from the Castle Entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The patron does have to cross a road.
- The road is generally quiet.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Castle Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located in front of the entrance.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
- The door opening is 184cm (6ft) wide.
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The door opening is 100cm (3ft 3in) wide.
Level Change (Castle Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope does not bypass the step(s).
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the building.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- There is a / are step(s) to access this area / service.
- The step(s) is / are located in front of the first and second doors.
- There is / are 7 step(s) to the area / service.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is / are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is / are deep.
- The steps do not have handrails.
- There are three steps in front of the first entrance with no doors and four in front of the actual entrance door.
- There are handrails on either side of the first entrance but only for the third step.
- There is not level access to the service.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music/noise.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is an infrared hearing loop located in the BSU Archive.
- There is a hearing assistance system within CE.G01, 101 and 201.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the right going up.
- There is not a landing.
- The nearest accessible toilet is located in the Corston Building.
- The nearest standard toilet is located in the Corston Building.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.