COVID-19 Information (Bath Spa University)
- Services / facilities within the building include accommodation.
- The venue is made up of various sections which are not interconnected.
- Each has a similar entrance.
- The blocks are named A-C.
- This venue is situated in the Bath Spa University, Newton Campus.
- The nearest National Rail station is Oldfield Park.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located in front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 10+ Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 300cm x 485cm (9ft 10in x 15ft 11in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 13m (14yd 8in) from the Block C entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 93m (101yd 2ft) from the Block C entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- Parking here is for members of staff and visitors, but also for students who are resident on campus but need to have access to a car for disability-related reasons.
- Students need to apply to the Student Support Service with evidence to show why they require a car on campus.
- This is then considered by the parking panel.
Outside Access (Block C Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located to the left of the venue.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 84cm (2ft 9in).
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- There are identical entrances to blocks A and B.
Level Change (Block C Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located to the right of the entrance leading from the car park.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The entrance door to the kitchen/dining area is 90cm wide and push pad operated.
- The worktop, sink and hob on the right of the kitchen is adjustable in height (powered).
- There is a lower level cooker and low level storage cupboard.
- There is ample turning space for a wheelchair user.
- The windows and blinds are power operated and the switch is at an accessible height.
- All furniture is moveable.
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 1 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
- This information refers to Area C.
- The accessible facilities are located in Area C.
- There is level access from an accessible entrance.
- Other accessible facilities available in the bedroom are an adjustable sink and adjustable hobs are available in the kitchen. There are also controls available for the blinds.
Auxiliary Aids - General
- Some of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
Ground Floor Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do have level access.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- It is possible to knock through a panel to create a door between the accessible room and the room next door if required.
- We were unable to gain access to the accessible room at the time of survey however it is similar to the one located in Redwood Halls.
Scooter/Wheelchair Charging Points
- Immediately inside the entrance to each block with accessible rooms there is a storage area fitted with power points to allow mobility equipment to be recharged.
- The storage areas have a shutter blind which can be closed for security.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G,1,2.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.