- Services / facilities within the building include accommodation.
- The venue is made up of various blocks which are not interconnected.
- Each has a similar entrance.
- Blocks are named A-G.
- This venue is situated in the Bath Spa University, Newton Campus.
- The venue is in a pedestrian area.
- The nearest National Rail station is Bath Spa.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located in front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 10+ Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 300cm x 485cm (9ft 10in x 15ft 11in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 14m (15yd 11in) from the G Block entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 93m (101yd 2ft) from the G Block entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- Parking is paid for either via the Just Park App or at one the pay machines located throughout the campus.
- Permit holders including Blue Badge permit holders have a reduced daily rate.
- Students need to apply to the Student Support Service with evidence to show why they require a car on campus. This is considered by the parking panel.
Outside Access (Block G Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the venue left end.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is not a bell/buzzer.
- A key card is required for access at this entrance.
- The height of the card reader/lock is 101cm (3ft 4in).
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is/are push pad activated when exiting.
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The width of the door opening is 84cm (2ft 9in).
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of less than 2cm.
- There is a ramp/slope at this entrance.
- The ramp/slope is located to the left as you face the entrance.
- The ramp/slope gradient is slight.
- The ramp is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- The touch pad for exiting is 98cm high.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- The lighting levels are moderate to good.
- The entrance door to the kitchen/dining area is 90cm wide and push pad operated.
- The worktop, sink and hob on the right of the kitchen is adjustable in height (powered).
- There is a lower level cooker and low level storage cupboard.
- There is ample turning space for a wheelchair user.
- The windows and blinds are power operated and the switch is at an accessible height.
- All furniture is moveable.
Accommodation (Room RD.G01)
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 1 accessible room(s) with ensuite facilities and/or separate accessible bathroom.
- This information refers to Room RD.G01.
- The accessible facilities are located in room RD.G01.
- There is level access from an accessible entrance.
- The room number viewed was RD.G01.
- The width of the door to the room is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The dimensions of the clear floor space are 150cm x 250cm (4ft 11in x 8ft 2in).
- Light switches are within 120cm (4ft) from floor level.
- There is a functional emergency alarm in the room.
- It is a push button style of alarm.
- Other accessible facilities available in the bedroom are A ceiling mounted electric hoist. The hoist has hook and eye sling points. Electric blinds. Height adjustable desk. Automatic door with Key card control to enter the room which is 94 cm high. The bathroom door is automatic with touch pad controls to enter and exit. The room is exited using a touch pad which is 101cm high. Low level wardrobe. There is a ceiling track lift in the ensuite bathroom.
- The information relates to the ensuite.
- The dimensions of the bathroom are 150cm x 410cm (4ft 11in x 13ft 5in).
- The door opens outwards.
- The width of the door to the bathroom is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The door is easy to open.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm in the bathroom.
- It is tied up and out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor).
- The door does not have a lock.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 47cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm in height.
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the wash basin is 71cm (2ft 4in).
- There is a mixer tap.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- The measurement of lateral transfer space is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet pan the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There are mirrors.
- The mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- Disposal facilities are available.
Wheel In Shower
- There is a wheel in shower.
- The shower head height is adjustable.
- The type of shower controls used are lever.
- The shower seat is flip-down.
- There are handrails available for the shower.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible rooms
- The colour contrast between the external room door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The colour contrast between the internal room door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between external ensuite / bathroom door and wall is good.
- The lighting levels are moderate to good.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible bathroom
- The colour contrast between the internal bathroom door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor in the bathroom is good.
- The colour contrast between the dropdown rails and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the grab rails and wall is good.
- Lighting levels are moderate to good.
Auxiliary Aids - General
- None of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- The accommodation does provide other auxiliary aids for people with mobility impairments.
- Available mobility auxiliary aids include ceiling tracking hoists are available.
- There is / are 1 accessible room(s) with a wheel in shower.
Ground Floor Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do have level access.
- None of these rooms are accessed by platform lift.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- There was no bed in the accessible room at the time of the survey.
- The ensuite bathroom has a ceiling track hoist.
- The flip down seat in the bathroom is adjustable between 35 and 70 cm.
- Photos 14-16 are a standard room.
Scooter/Wheelchair Charging Points
- To the right of the entrance door is a fireproof storage cupboard which may be used for the storage and recharging of wheelchairs and mobility scooters.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G,1,2.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.
- Assistance dogs would be allowed in some accommodation and would be considered on an individual needs basis by the university.