COVID-19 Information (Bath Spa University)
- Services / facilities within the building include accommodation.
- The venue is made up of various blocks which are not interconnected.
- Each has a similar entrance.
- Blocks are named A-G.
- This venue is situated in the Bath Spa University, Newton Campus.
- The venue is in a pedestrian area.
- The nearest National Rail station is Bath Spa.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located in front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 10+ Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 300cm x 485cm (9ft 10in x 15ft 11in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 14m (15yd 11in) from the G Block entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 93m (101yd 2ft) from the G Block entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- Parking here is for members of staff and visitors, but also for students who are resident on campus but need to have access to a car for disability-related reasons. Students need to apply to the Student Support Service with evidence to show why they require a car on campus.
- This is then considered by the parking panel.
Outside Access (G Block Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located to the front left of the venue.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 84cm (2ft 9in).
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
Level Change (G Block Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located to either side of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The entrance door to the kitchen/dining area is 90cm wide and push pad operated.
- The worktop, sink and hob on the right of the kitchen is adjustable in height (powered).
- There is a lower level cooker and low level storage cupboard.
- There is ample turning space for a wheelchair user.
- The windows and blinds are power operated and the switch is at an accessible height.
- All furniture is moveable.
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 1 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
- The accessible facilities are located in Block G.
- There is level access from an accessible entrance.
- The room number viewed was G.01.
- The width of the door to the room is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The dimensions of the clear floor space are 150cm x 250cm (4ft 11in x 8ft 2in).
- The bed is 55cm (1ft 10in) high.
- The measurement between the bed base and floor is 32cm (1ft 1in).
- Light switches are within 120cm (4ft) from floor level.
- Other accessible facilities available in the bedroom are an adjustable desk and controls for the window and blinds.
- The information relates to the ensuite.
- The dimensions of the bathroom are 514cm x 156cm (16ft 10in x 5ft 1in).
- The door opens outwards.
- The width of the door to the bathroom is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The door weight is light.
- There is a functional emergency alarm in the bathroom.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm in height.
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the wash basin is 71cm (2ft 4in).
- There is a mixer tap.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- The measurement of lateral transfer space is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- Wall mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet pan the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There are mirrors.
- The mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- Disposal facilities are not available.
Wheel In Shower
- There is a wheel in shower.
- The shower head height is adjustable.
- The type of shower controls used are lever.
- The shower seat is flip down.
- There are handrails available.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible rooms
- The colour contrast between the external room door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The colour contrast between the internal room door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between external ensuite / bathroom door and wall is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible bathroom
- The colour contrast between the internal bathroom door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor in the bathroom is good.
- The colour contrast between the drop down rails and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the grab rails and wall is good.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Auxiliary Aids - General
- Some of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- Available auxiliary aids include vibrating pillows.
Ground Floor Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do have level access.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- It is possible to knock through a panel to create a door between the accessible room and the room next door if required.
Scooter/Wheelchair Charging Points
- Immediately inside the entrance to each block with accessible rooms there is a storage area fitted with power points to allow mobility equipment to be recharged.
- The storage areas have a shutter blind which can be closed for security.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G,1,2.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.