- Services / facilities within the building include standard student accommodation, a bathroom and a kitchen.
- The on campus launderettes for these halls is located next to Langton Halls.
- This venue is situated in the Bath Spa University, Newton Campus.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest National Rail station is Oldfield Park.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located to the left of the building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 1 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 300cm x 530cm (9ft 10in x 17ft 5in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 4m (4yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- Parking is paid for either via the Just Park App or at one the pay machines located throughout the campus.
- Permit holders including Blue Badge Permit holders have a reduced daily rate.
- Students need to apply to the Student Support Service with evidence to show why they require a car on campus. This is considered by the parking panel.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the venue.
- There is ramped/sloped and stepped access at this entrance.
- There is not a bell/buzzer.
- There is not an intercom.
- A key card is required for access at this entrance.
- The height of the card reader/lock is 144cm (4ft 9in).
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) may be difficult to open.
- The width of the door opening is 83cm (2ft 9in).
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of less than 2cm.
- There is a ramp/slope at this entrance.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope does not bypass the step(s).
- The ramp/slope gradient is slight.
- The ramp is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- There is a / are step(s) at this entrance.
- The step(s) is / are located in front of the entrance.
- There is / are 2 step(s) to access the entrance.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the step(s).
- The step(s) is / are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is / are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do not have handrails.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are good.
- Motorised scooters are welcomed in public parts of the venue.
- There is one standard room on the ground floor.
- There is also a kitchen with a cooker and storage that is 92cm high.
- There are 3 standard rooms on the first floor.
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 0 accessible room(s) with ensuite facilities and/or separate accessible bathroom.
- There is not level access from an accessible entrance.
Auxiliary Aids - General
- None of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- The accommodation does not provide other auxiliary aids for people with mobility impairments.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in standard rooms.
- There is / are 0 accessible room(s) with a bath.
- There is / are 0 accessible room(s) with a wheel in shower.
Ground Floor Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do not have level access.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- The photographs show room TH.G01.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- The stairs are located to the right from the enrance.
- The stairs are approximately 2m from the from the main entrance.
- There are 13 steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are moderate to good.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the left going up.
- There is not a landing.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are 3 standard rooms and the bathroom.
- Shower facilities are available.
- The shower(s) surveyed is/are located on the first floor.
- There is not level access to the services from the shower facilities.
- There is also a standard toilet in the shower room.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
- There are unisex standard toilets facilities on all floors.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The shared toilets that were surveyed are located on the ground floor to right from the entrance.
- The shared toilet(s) is/are approximately 5m (5yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the shared toilet(s).
- Lighting levels in the shared toilets are good.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.