Show Easy Read
- The building is made up of three identical blocks named A, B and C.
- This venue is situated in the Bath Spa University, Newton Campus.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest National Rail station is Oldfield Park.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located in front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 4 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 244cm x 500cm (8ft x 16ft 5in).
- The nearest designated bay is 15m (16yd 1ft) from the entrance A.
- The furthest designated bay is 22m (24yd 2in) from the entrance A.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is concrete.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- Parking here is for members of staff and visitors, but also for students who are resident on campus but need to have access to a car for disability-related reasons. Students need to apply to the Student Support Service with evidence to show why they require a car on campus. This is considered by the parking panel.
Outside Access (Entrance B)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The door opening is 83cm (2ft 9in) wide.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- There are identical entrances to sections A and C.
Level Change (Entrance B)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the building.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- There is not level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 0 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
Auxiliary Aids - General
- Some of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- Vibrating pillows are available.
Ground Floor Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do have level access.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- The Halls contains standard rooms only.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The services / areas on the floors which are not accessible are additional bedrooms.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.