Show Easy Read
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Belfast.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- To organise parking onsite for groups, call Ulster Wildlife on 02890 454 094.
Outside Access (Flowbog Road Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on Flowbog Road.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
- The width of the door opening is 80cm (2ft 7in).
Level Change (Flowbog Road Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located between the first and second sets of gates.
- The ramp or slope is steep.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The slope can be overcome by parking at the top, this can be done by prior arrangement with the Ulster Wildlife fund.
- There are several paths running around the nature reserves. The Priest Hills walk is surfaced the other paths are not surfaced. There are some easy, moderate and steep slopes along some of the paths.
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 340m (371yd 2ft) from the Flowbog Road entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located in the toilet block in a lane off Flowbog Road.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key can be obtained from a secure keycode box to the rear of the toilet block.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 147cm x 200cm (4ft 10in x 6ft 7in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 68cm (2ft 3in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not an emergency alarm.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are waste paper pedal bin disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 78cm (2ft 7in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located in the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The key for the toilet block is kept in a secure box to the rear of the toilet block.
- To get the code for the key box contact Ulster Wildlife. The route to the rear of the toilet block may not be accessible to a wheelchair user.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located in a toilet block in a lane off Flowbog Road.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 350m (382yd 2ft) from the Flowbog Road entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.