Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the grounds include sports pitches, bowling green, outdoor gym equipment, a playground, a lake two eco trails around the lake.
- There is a new changing complex with ten changing rooms and accessible toilet facilities.
- The changing complex is only open when the pitches are in use.
- The venue is open 24hrs.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Belfast Central.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 4 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 390cm x 490cm (12ft 10in x 16ft 1in).
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does have a height restriction barrier.
- The maximum height is 230cm (7ft 7in).
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Entrances)
- There is a moderately sloped path leading into the park from Park Avenue.
- There is also Sam Thompson Bridge leading into the park from Airport Road. It has an easy slope.
- There are surfaced paths that run throughout the park.
- Some parts of the park have a grass surface and may not be suitable for some wheelchair users.
- There are some easy and moderate slopes located along the paths.
- There is a bridge leading over the river to access additional paths and the football pitches.
- The bridge has a moderate slope.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 9m (9yd 2ft) from the designated parking.
- This accessible toilet is located at the side of the car park.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The door opens by sliding (automatically).
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 220cm (4ft 11in x 7ft 3in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- There is no dropdown rail for the toilet.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is sensor.
- There is a mixer tap.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
- The coat hook is within 120cm (3ft 11in) from floor level.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is poor.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- There is a push button for the lock.
- There is a 20p charge for members of the public without a radar key.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.