- The information in this section was taken in December 2020.
- Modifications have been made in some areas and new practices and protocols have been put in place to follow Government and Public Health guidelines.
- The primary control for personal hygiene is that all staff and students regularly wash their hands.
- Upon entering the Campus you may be required to queue at each main entrance, please ensure that you adhere to any social distancing guidelines as you enter the campus.
- Please use the additional bins provided if you wish to dispose of any items before entering the campus.
- Sanitising stations are located at all campus entrances and you will be required to sanitise your hands before making you way into the building.
- One way systems have been placed in some parts of each campus but where this is not possible you are asked to keep left. You are asked to keep moving in corridors and not to congregate outside classrooms or offices.
- Additional hand sanitising stations are located throughout corridors. These may be wall mounted or on stands.
- Items of furniture have been moved in corridors to prevent any pinch points.
- The frequency of cleaning has increased in each campus with regular cleaning of high contact points such as door handles and vending machines.
- Each classroom has been set out to comply with social distancing guidelines and protective screens have been placed at the lecturers desks.
- Staff and students are reminded not to move any desks or chairs from their current locations and are encouraged to open windows to provide natural ventilation. Where not possible fresh air will be provide through mechanical means.
- In some locations where the room cannot physically space desks apart it is indicated where you can sit by means of a tick or a cross.
As you enter the classroom everyone will be asked to sanitise their work station or desk prior to taking their seat. Please dispose of any paper towels in the bin provided in each classroom.
- All reception counters have been provided with protective screens for everyone’s safety. If you require assistance please follow the signs and wait for assistance.
- The use of lifts in each campus is restricted to one person unless you are being accompanied by a support worker.
- The number of people using toilets will be restricted so that each campus can meet social distancing standards. Signage has been placed in these spaces indicating capacity.
- Everyone will be expected to use good hygiene when using the toilet facilities to aid overall cleanliness.
- Printers will remain available for use throughout the college however individual staff/students have responsibility to clean prior to use with the disinfectant and towels provided.
- Canteens will remain open on campus. However, social distancing and queueing measures will be put in place at each campus.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Services / facilities within the building include building workshops, mechanic workshops and classrooms.
- The campus is located in the centre of Belfast, located just off the A12. When approaching Belfast from the south west on the M1, follow the road - it will change to the A12 - and take the City Centre exit. Get in the right hand lane and at the traffic lights, turn right on to Divis Street (A501). Get in the left hand lane and then at the traffic lights, turn left on to Millfield. Take the first left on to Wilson Street and the car park is straight ahead.
- The campus car park is located at the rear of the building at the end of Wilson Street. This car park is accessible.
- The nearest bus stop is the Millfield stop on Divis Street. This stop is serviced by the 10a, 10b, 10h, 10j, 532 and G1 buses.
- The nearest station is the Great Victoria Street Station. The station is a approximately 1 mile from the college. There is not a bus service which runs from the station to the college. To walk to the college from the station head on to Great Victoria Street and head north. The college is about 700m up the road.
- For more information on how to get to the campus by train or bus or to plan your journey, please visit the Translink website.
- To view the web page described above click here (opens in new tab).
- For more information on getting to the campus, please see the college's 'how to find us' page on their website.
- To view the web page described above click here (opens in new tab).
- For information on Visiting the University please click here (opens new tab).
- To see more information on Applications please click here (opens new tab).
- Telephone Number: 028 9026 5265.
- Email: [email protected].
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training. A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty although this service can be requested. Staff are not Text Relay aware.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located at the rear of the building, off Wilson Street.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 10+ Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 340cm x 460cm (11ft 2in x 15ft 1in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 16m (17yd 1ft) from the car park entrance building 1.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 66m (72yd 6in) from the car park entrance building 1.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There are 4 designated parking bays to the rear of Building 1 and 5 designated parking bays outside the front of Building 2.
- A further 2 designated parking bays are located to the side of Building 2.
- There are 2 bays opposite Building 3.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the side of the building.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is not a bell/buzzer.
- There is not an intercom.
- A key card is required for access at this entrance.
- The height of the card reader/lock is 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The width of the door opening is 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- There is a ramp/slope at this entrance.
- The ramp/slope is located to the left as you face the entrance.
- The ramp/slope gradient is slight.
- The ramp is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G, 1.
- The stairs are located to the left as you enter the building.
- The stairs are approximately 3m from the main entrance.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- There are manual, heavy, double doors to access the stairwell on all floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- There is a similar staircase at the other end of the building opposite the lift.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located at the rear of the building.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G, 1.
- Wall mounted information boards are not provided at lift landings.
- There are manual, heavy, double doors to access the lift lobby on all floors.
- The lift is approximately 53m (57yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 200cm x 370cm (6ft 7in x 12ft 2in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does not have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The lift does not have a hearing loop system.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 48m (52yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located at the rear of the building.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door may be difficult to open.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 151cm x 215cm (4ft 11in x 7ft 1in).
- There is not a clear 150cm x 150cm manoeuvring space in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 76cm (2ft 6in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency pull cord alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are female sanitary disposal units.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
- There are coat hooks in the toilet at 144cm and 149cm from the floor.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 45cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- There is a soap dispenser.
- The soap dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are moderate to good.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located towards the rear of the building.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 43m (47yd 1in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.