- The information in this section was taken in December 2020.
- Modifications have been made in some areas and new practices and protocols have been put in place to follow Government and Public Health guidelines.
- The primary control for personal hygiene is that all staff and students regularly wash their hands.
- Upon entering the Campus you may be required to queue at each main entrance, please ensure that you adhere to any social distancing guidelines as you enter the campus.
- Please use the additional bins provided if you wish to dispose of any items before entering the campus.
- Sanitising stations are located at all campus entrances and you will be required to sanitise your hands before making you way into the building.
- One way systems have been placed in some parts of each campus but where this is not possible you are asked to keep left. You are asked to keep moving in corridors and not to congregate outside classrooms or offices.
- Additional hand sanitising stations are located throughout corridors. These may be wall mounted or on stands.
- Items of furniture have been moved in corridors to prevent any pinch points.
- The frequency of cleaning has increased in each campus with regular cleaning of high contact points such as door handles and vending machines.
- Each classroom has been set out to comply with social distancing guidelines and protective screens have been placed at the lecturers desks.
- Staff and students are reminded not to move any desks or chairs from their current locations and are encouraged to open windows to provide natural ventilation. Where not possible fresh air will be provide through mechanical means.
- In some locations where the room cannot physically space desks apart it is indicated where you can sit by means of a tick or a cross.
As you enter the classroom everyone will be asked to sanitise their work station or desk prior to taking their seat. Please dispose of any paper towels in the bin provided in each classroom.
- All reception counters have been provided with protective screens for everyone’s safety. If you require assistance please follow the signs and wait for assistance.
- The use of lifts in each campus is restricted to one person unless you are being accompanied by a support worker.
- The number of people using toilets will be restricted so that each campus can meet social distancing standards. Signage has been placed in these spaces indicating capacity.
- Everyone will be expected to use good hygiene when using the toilet facilities to aid overall cleanliness.
- Printers will remain available for use throughout the college however individual staff/students have responsibility to clean prior to use with the disinfectant and towels provided.
- Canteens will remain open on campus. However, social distancing and queueing measures will be put in place at each campus.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Related link Springvale Centre - E3 Building.
- The cafe is located on the ground floor of the E3 Building.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Belfast.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- Monday 08:30 - 15:00.
- Tuesday 08:30 - 15:00.
- Wednesday 08:30 - 15:00.
- Thursday 08:30 - 15:00.
- Friday 08:30 - 14:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located at both sides of both buildings.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 7 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 380cm x 490cm (12ft 6in x 16ft 1in).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 45m (49yd 8in) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 58m (63yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 160cm (5ft 3in).
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 160cm (5ft 3in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located leading to the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
Reception (Main Reception)
- The desk/counter is 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The desk/counter is high (110cm+).
- The desk/counter has a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The desk/counter is staffed.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- There are security gates, 60cm standard and 90cm accessible in width, next to the reception desk, leading into the main part of the building.
- A college swipe card is required to access these gates, although the wider gate can also be opened by reception.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Customers can charge scooters or wheelchairs at the venue.
Eating and Drinking (Costa)
- The following information is for the café.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is a lowered section at the counter.
- Some tables are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 20m (21yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 73cm (2ft 5in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- The standard height for tables is 73cm.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold meals and snacks.
- There are also coffee style tables available.
- The cafe also contains vending machines.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial, Braille and tactile signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 28m (30yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located on the right of the lobby, by the cafe.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 87cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 162cm x 219cm (5ft 4in x 7ft 2in).
- There is a clear 150cm x 150cm manoeuvring space in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a toilet roll holder.
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is an identical toilet in the same location on the lower ground and first floors.
- There are also accessible toilets on the far left hand side of the building as you enter, on the lower ground and ground floors. These have the transfer space on the right.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located on the right of the lobby on all floors.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 21m (22yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- These toilets contain cubicles with doors that open outwards.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.
- Plastic cups are available.
- Plastic cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available on request.