Show Easy Read
- Related link UK Arrivals.
Outside Access (Baggage Belt)
- This information is for the entrance located on the first floor, at the end of the UK Arrivals walkway / corridor.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 187cm (6ft 2in) wide.
Baggage Belt 7
- There is level access.
- Only UK Arrivals would use Baggage Belt 7.
- All of the baggage belts are low in height.
- The baggage belt is 48cm high.
- There are clear markings on the floor around the baggage belt.
- Luggage trolleys are available within the baggage area.
- There is a cost involved for use of the luggage trolleys, please visit the website for more information.
- Lighting levels are varied.
- The floor surface is carpet and tiled.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located straight ahead as you enter.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-1.
- The lift is 6m (6yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The dimensions of the lift are 149cm x 161cm (4ft 11in x 5ft 3in).
- The clear door width is 89cm (2ft 11in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 14m (15yd 11in) from the lift.
- This accessible toilet is located on the ground floor, to the left when exiting the lift.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
- This is by lift.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 84cm (2ft 9in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 155cm x 222cm (5ft 1in x 7ft 3in).
- There is a clear 150cm x 150cm manoeuvring space in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 43cm (1ft 5in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is fair.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located on the ground floor, to the left when exiting the lift.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 14m (15yd 11in) from the lift.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located to the left off the corridor / walkway after going through the exit towards the arrivals hall.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 91cm (2ft 12in).
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the baby change facility.
- There is an ambulant disabled cubicle within the standard toilets.
Exit into Arrivals Hall
- The exit leading into the Arrivals Hall is located on the ground floor within the baggage area, to the left when exiting the lift.
- There is level access.
- At the exit into the Arrivals Hall there are no doors and the width is 248cm.
- There are clearly marked routes for arrivals from the EU (blue) those with goods to declare (red), and those with no goods to declare (green).
- The floor surface is non slip tile.
- The doors leading through to the exit are automatic and 200cm wide (Photographs 5 & 6).
- Beyond these doors is a small World Duty Free shop for final purchases (Photographs 7 & 8).
- The final exit doors (Photographs 9 & 10) have warning notices explaining there must be no stopping between the last sets of doors.
- The door width is 200cm.
- If a passenger does stop an alarm will ring and the doors will close and lock.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.