Getting Help and Assistance
- Bristol Airport Special Assistance please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs.
- There is not a designated place of safety which can be used by people with dementia, autism or learning disabilities.
- There is a changing places facility available in the Terminal Building, near the Arrivals Hall.
Entrance (Frankie & Benny's)
- This information is for the entrance located on the mezzanine level, to the right when exiting lift 8.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
- Frankie & Benny's can also be accessed via Burger King.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the restaurant/bar.
- Full table service is available.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- Some tables are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 1m (3ft 3in) from the entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 69cm (2ft 3in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 92cm (3ft).
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Menus are hand held only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is steaks, burgers, pizza, pasta and ribs.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played throughout the restaurant.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is vinyl/laminate and tiles.
Accessible Toilet (Left Hand Transfer)
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is located to the right of the service counter.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 87cm (2ft 10in).
- The door may be difficult to open.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 165cm x 210cm (5ft 5in x 6ft 11in).
- There is a clear 150cm x 150cm manoeuvring space in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 94cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 119cm (3ft 11in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- There is a soap dispenser.
- The soap dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the soap dispenser is 105cm.
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are good.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located to the right of the service counter.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- An ambulant toilet cubicle with wall mounted grab rails is not available.
- Lighting levels in the female and male toilets are moderate to good.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located in the male standard toilets.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 101cm (3ft 4in).
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the baby change facility.
Related Access Guides (Departure Lounge)
- To view other AccessAble Access Guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Departure Lounge link (new tab) - click here.