- The following information is for the Sunflower Route, post security to the mezzanine floor
- This route helps you avoid the usually busy Duty Free shops area.
- When you arrive at Bristol Airport for your flight, you will need to check-in and go through security as normal. If you need assistance you should go to the special assistance desk located in the Arrivals concourse opposite Caffe Ritazza.
- If you are travelling independently and would like to take a quieter route through to the Departure Lounge, after passing through the dedicated security lane follow the “sunflower route” (depicted by sunflower floor logos) which will take you up to the mezzanine level, avoiding the Duty Free shops.
- Alternatively ask a member of the OCS team and they will guide you through to the Departure Lounge reception area.
Sunflower Route: Post Security to Mezzanine Floor (Food Hall)
- Once you have passed through the security checks, turn left towards World Duty Free.
- Before the entrance to World Duty Free, look for the Sunflower symbols on the concourse floor.
- Follow the Sunflowers until you reach a set of double doors.
- The double doors open towards you (pull), are heavy and are 160cm wide.
- Carry on for approximately 12 metres until you reach lift 8 and stairs.
- The lift and stairs give access to the Mezzanine Floor.
- Once you have reached the Mezzanine Floor, you now have a selection of restaurants fast food outlets.
Lift (Security/Word Duty Free - Sunflower Route to Departure Lounge Mezzanine Level)
- The external controls for the lift are within 90cm - 110cm from the floor.
- The colour contrast between the external lift controls and the control plate is good.
- The colour contrast between the external lift control plate and the wall is good.
- The clear door width is 130cm.
- The dimensions of the lift are 180cm x 220cm (5ft 11in x 7ft 3in).
- There are no separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- There is not a list of floor services available within the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The internal controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- There is a hearing loop system.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting levels in the lift are good.
- This lift is on the 'Sunflower Route', for passengers to avoid World Duty Free.
Related Access Guides
- To view other AccessAble Access Guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Departure Lounge link (new tab) - click here