- Services / facilities within the grounds include the play park, wheels park, seating areas and picnic areas, cafe and toilet facilities.
- The venue is in a pedestrian area.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Parson Street.
- The venue has seasonal opening times.
- Opening times:
- 1 April to 30 September:
- •Monday: Closed
- •Tuesday to Sunday: 11:00-18:00
- Bristol school holidays: Open every day to 19:00, or 18:00 if demand is low or bad weather.
- 1 October to 31 March:
- •Monday: Closed
- •Tuesday: Closed
- •Wednesday to Sunday: 10:00-17:00, or dusk if earlier.
- Bristol school holidays: Open Monday and Tuesday, except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and Bank Holidays.
- Christmas holiday opening hours are: 10:00-16:00.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 10+ designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 350cm x 480cm (11ft 6in x 15ft 9in).
- The nearest designated bay is 92m (100yd 1ft) from the main gate.
- The furthest designated bay is 117m (127yd 2ft) from the main gate.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are dropped kerbs.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does have tactile paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Gate)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open away from you (push).
- The doors are double width.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The door opening is 240cm (7ft 10in) wide.
- The play park has plenty of activities for young children.
- There is sand and water play, the jungle dome, green open spaces, picnic area and a large variety of other equipment such as; swings, slides, runways carousels and rocking equipment.
- They are all accessible by an easy to moderate path within the play park.
- Settling sessions are for children with disabilities including autism on Thursdays and Sunday 9.30-10.30am. This enables these children to have the park to themselves for the first hour of opening. Please ask the staff on site on arrival for admission and show your Bristol Register of Disabled Children Pink Card as proof of disability.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 15m (16yd 1ft) from the main gates.
- This accessible toilet is located next to the play park office.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 84cm (2ft 9in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 168cm x 207cm (5ft 6in x 6ft 9in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 92cm (3ft).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are non-infectious waste and sanitary disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 45cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located in the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 99cm (3ft 3in).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located to the right of the play park office.
- The female and male toilets are 30m (32yd 2ft) from the main gate.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female and male toilets.
- An ambulant toilet cubicle with wall mounted grab rails is available.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Level Change (Standard Toilets)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.