- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Bristol Temple Mead.
- Monday Closed.
- Tuesday 09:30 - 16:30.
- Wednesday 09:30 - 16:30.
- Thursday 09:30 - 16:30.
- Friday 09:30 - 16:30.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The Record Office is open until 19:00 on the first 2 Thursdays of the month and on the first 2 Saturdays from 10:00 till 16:00.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is 'B' Bond Warehouse.
- The car park is located off Smeaton Road.
On Street Blue Badge Parking
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
On Street Standard Parking
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Visitors need a permit to park. Permit is free.
Outside Access (Main Entrance - 'B' Bond Warehouse)
- This information is for the entrance located to the side of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- Main Entrance - 'B' Bond Warehouse
- The main door(s) open automatically.
- The doors are single width.
- The door opening is 104cm (3ft 5in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance - 'B' Bond Warehouse)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located leading to the entrance from the car park.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
Outside Access (Records Office Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located in front of the venue.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open automatically (away from you).
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 140cm (4ft 7in) wide.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is tactile, pictorial and Braille signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 38m (41yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located to the left as you enter.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 84cm (2ft 9in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 200cm (4ft 11in x 6ft 7in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 117cm (3ft 10in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 76cm (2ft 6in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located to the left as you enter.
- The female and male toilets are 42m (45yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.