- The Buttermarket is located in Ipswich Town Centre. The main routes in to the Town Centre are the A14 and the A12.
- The Buttermarket has its own car park which has parking charges The car park is located on Falcon Street. The Sat Nav for the car park is IP1 1SL. There ar.
- For more information on the car park please click here (opens new tab).
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the shopping centre.
- National Express operate from the Old Cattlemarket Bus Station which is situated close to the Buttermarket. Services which run to the shopping centre are 4, 6, 12, 13, 14, 15, 71, 72, 111, 111A, 75, 179 and X7.
- For more information on Ipswich Buses please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest Railway Station is Ipswich.
- Ipswich Station is approximately 0.8 miles from the shopping centre. There are several taxis and bus routes which run from the station.
- For more information on National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- Staff receive disability awareness/equality training.
- Staff receive deaf awareness training.
- British Sign Language interpreters cannot be provided on request.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; Braille on request, large print on request and different languages on request.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/near by.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are not available.
- Monday 09:15 - 16:15.
- Tuesday 09:15 - 16:15.
- Wednesday 09:15 - 16:15.
- Thursday 09:15 - 16:15.
- Friday 09:15 - 16:15.
- Saturday 09:15 - 16:15.
- Sunday Closed.
Entrance (Shopmobility Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on the lower ground floor, next to the main stairwell and lifts.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does/do contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The door(s) is/are permanently held open.
- The width of the door opening is 166cm.
- The reception point is located ahead as you enter the Shopmobility entrance.
- The reception point is approximately 3m (3yd 10in) from the Shopmobility entrance.
- The reception area/desk is clearly visible from the entrance.
- There is step-free access to the reception point.
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the reception point.
- There are no windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors behind the reception point which could adversely affect the ability of someone to lip read.
- The reception counter is not placed in front of a background which is patterned.
- The lighting levels at the reception point are good.
- The height of the reception counter is low (76cm or lower).
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- There is not a clear knee recess beneath the lowered section of the counter.
- The counter is staffed.
- There is not a hearing assistance system at the reception point.
- The type of flooring in the reception area is concrete.
Reception Waiting Area
- There is a waiting area close to the reception point.
- Access to the waiting area is unobstructed.
- The seats do not have armrests.
- There is not sufficient space for a wheelchair user to use the waiting area.
- Route maps are not available.
- Manual wheelchairs are available.
- Powered wheelchairs are available.
- Powered scooters are available.
- Equipment does not have to be booked in advance.
- There is not a hire charge.
- Escorts are not normally available to assist around town / city.
- Trained escorts are not available for people with a visual impairment.
- Trained escorts are not available for people with a hearing impairment.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located on the lower ground floor, to the left of the shopmobility entrance.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located on the lower ground floor, to the left of the shopmobility entrance.
Related Access Guides
- Buttermarket Ipswich - Ground Floor link (new tab) - click here.
- Buttermarket Ipswich - First Floor link (new tab) - click here.
- Buttermarket Ipswich - Centre Management Office link (new tab) - click here.
- Buttermarket Ipswich - Parking link (new tab) - click here.
- Buttermarket Ipswich - Toilets link (new tab) - click here.