- Related link Jordans Mill - Gardens.
- Related link Jordans Mill - Education Centre.
- Related link Jordans Mill Heritage Centre.
- Tickets from reception.
- start in the Heritage Centre.
- tours 11.30, 13.30.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Biggleswade.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Biggleswade.
Outside Access (Historic Mill Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 80cm (2ft) wide.
Level Change (Historic Mill Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located directly in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is level access to the service.
- Motorised scooters are welcomed in public parts of the venue.
- Lighting levels are varied.
- Exhibits can be audio described.
- Tactile signage for exhibits is not available.
- The availability of tactile signage does not depend on exhibition.
- Touch tours are not available.
- Video tours are available.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the the hearing system.
- There is not a wheelchair to borrow.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting level is medium.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located at the rear of the venue.
- The lift is a platform lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-1-2.
- The lift is 9m (9yd 2ft) from main entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 80cm (2ft).
- The dimensions of the lift are 83cm x 96cm (2ft x 3ft).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does not have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The lift controls do not have Braille markings.
- The lift controls do not have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- Accessible toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest accessible toilet is on the ground floor of the Heritage Centre.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest toilets are on the ground floor of the Heritage Centre.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.