- Related link Kirkgate Shopping Centre.
- The market is located within Kirkgate Shopping Centre.
- For access details to the centre please see the separate shopping centre guide.
- The venue is located within Kirkgate Shopping Centre.
- The venue is in a pedestrian area.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Bradford Forster Square.
- Monday 08:30 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 08:30 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 08:30 - 17:00.
- Thursday 08:30 - 17:00.
- Friday 08:30 - 17:00.
- Saturday 08:30 - 17:00.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park type is multi storey.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 10+ Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 350cm x 475cm (11ft 6in x 15ft 7in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 4m (4yd 1ft) from the the car park lower level left hand side entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 22m (24yd 2in) from the the car park lower level right hand side entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is concrete.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does have a height restriction barrier.
- The maximum height is 205cm (6ft 9in).
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The car park is on 2 levels, Lower (L) and Upper (U).
- Blue Badge bays are located to the left and right of the lower level of the car park.
- There is additional Blue Badge parking on the upper level of the car park.
Outside Access (Westgate Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the venue.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 150cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of and beyond the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is steep.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the ramp.
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
Kirkgate Shopping Centre Entrance
- The entrance is located on the first floor of the shopping centre.
- There is level access to this entrance.
- Level access is via lift.
- There are no doors.
- The entrance is 270cm wide.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played throughout the market.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Accessible toilet facilities are not available.
- There are accessible toilets available within the shopping centre,.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located ahead and to the right as you enter via the Kirkgate Shopping Centre entrance.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 45m (49yd 8in) from the shopping centre entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water cannot be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.