Show Easy Read
- Monday 09:00 - 19:30.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 19:30.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 14:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 19:30.
- Friday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday 09:00 - 15:00.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in York.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is York.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- There are 1 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 390cm x 480cm (12ft 10in x 15ft 9in).
- The nearest designated bay is 15m (16yd) from the main accessible entrance.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 120cm (3ft 11in) wide.
- The reception desk is 10m (32ft 10in) from the front entrance.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk is low height.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use system.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in Braille.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in large print.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in audio format.
Restaurant Bar Internal (Cafe Explore)
- The following information is for the cafe.
- Once inside, there is level access to the service.
- Full table service is not available.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is 3m (3yd 10in) from the main entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 72cm (2ft 4in).
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are available in large print.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is snacks and sandwiches.
Location and access
- The facility is located to the right as you enter.
- The facility is 15m (16yd) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the facility.
Dimensions and features
- You do not need a key for the facility.
- The dimensions of the facility are 260cm x 470cm (8ft 6in x 15ft 5in).
- The facility changing bench height is adjustable.
- The facility changing bench is free standing.
- The length of the bench is 188cm (6ft 2in).
- The facility hoist is powered overhead.
- The overhead hoist covers all areas in cubicle.
- The sling is attached to the hoist by hook.
- The facility toilet is peninsular.
- The transfer space on the left as you face the toilet is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- The transfer space on the right as you face the toilet is 130cm (4ft 3in).
- Wall mounted rails are not available.
- Drop down rails are provided.
- As you face the toilet the drop down rails are on both sides.
- The type of sink is fixed.
- Wall mounted hand rails are available at the sink.
- As you face the sink, rails are available on both sides.
- Disposal facilities are available.
- A privacy screen is not available.
- Wide tear off paper roll is available.
- The facility has a non slip floor.
- A functioning emergency alarm is available.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- This accessible toilet is 15m (16yd 1ft) from the accessible entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located to the right of the reception as you enter.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The door weight is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 262cm x 470cm (8ft 7in x 15ft 5in).
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on both sides.
- The lateral transfer space is 300cm (9ft 10in).
- The tap type is twist/turn.
- There is a mixer tap.
- The emergency alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 47cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The towel dispenser is 102cm (3ft 4in) high.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The accessible tolilet doubles as a changing place.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The unisex toilets are located to the right as you enter the library.
- Unisex toilets are 17m (19yd) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the unisex toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located outside the venue.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.
- Home visits / services are not available.