Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include Explore Café, a free to use telephone for the Benefits Advice Line.
- The venue is a designated Safe Place and is working to become Dementia Friendly.
- The venue offers various courses and activities including a Code Club for adults, Boccia, (sit down bowls), Cuppa and Chorus, Story Time, Play Morning and free computer classes for complete beginners.
- Monday 09:00 - 19:30.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 19:30.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 14:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 19:30.
- Friday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday 09:00 - 15:00.
- Sunday Closed.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is York.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located to the right of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 0 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the venue.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- There is not a bell/buzzer.
- There is not an intercom.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 107cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- The desk/counter is 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is low (76cm or lower).
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- There is a touch screen.
- The touch screen is at a suitable height for a wheelchair user.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Photograph 6 shows the free telephone for the Benefits Advice Line located to the right side of the library.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in Braille.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in large print.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in audio format.
- There is an ordering service.
- The library does not have computers with accessible software.
- Auxiliary aids are available for computer users.
- A height adjustable chair is / are available.
Eating and Drinking (Café Explore)
- The following information is for the café.
- The café is located immediately beyond the main entrance.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 3m (3yd 10in) from the main entrance.
- The standard height for tables is 72cm.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is not available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold meals and snacks.
Location and access
- The facility is located ahead and to the right as you enter from the main entrance.
- The facility is approximately 15m (16yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the facility.
Dimensions and features
- You do not need a key for the facility.
- The door opens outwards.
- The width of the door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The dimensions of the facility are 260cm x 470cm (8ft 6in x 15ft 5in).
- The facility changing bench height is adjustable.
- The facility changing bench is free standing.
- The length of the facility changing bench is 188cm (6ft 2in).
- The facility hoist is powered overhead.
- The overhead hoist covers all areas in cubicle.
- The sling is attached to the hoist by hook.
- The facility toilet is peninsular.
- The transfer space on the left as you face the toilet is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- The transfer space on the right as you face the toilet is 280cm (9ft 2in).
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on the right.
- Dropdown rails are provided for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the dropdown rail(s) is/are on both sides.
- The type of wash basin is fixed.
- Wall mounted grab rails are available at the wash basin.
- As you face the wash basin, the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- Disposal facilities are available.
- A privacy screen is not available.
- Wide tear off paper roll is available.
- The facility has a non-slip floor.
- A functioning emergency alarm is not available.
- It is out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from the floor).
- The baby change is 86cm high (photograph 10).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The shared toilets that were surveyed are located ahead and to the right as you enter the venue.
- The shared toilet(s) is/are approximately 17m (18yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the shared toilet(s).
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located on the grass area outside the venue.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.
- Home visits / services are available.