- The route from York Train Station to York Information Centre is approximately 0.4miles/640metres.
- The route takes in Station Road, Station Avenue and Museum Street.
- There is seating in Station Road and Museum Street.
- Exit the train station via the station exit and turn left.
- There is an easy slope on exiting the station.
- The surface of the pathway is paving slabs.
- 31 metres from the exit is a zebra crossing that has a dropped kerb with tactile markings on either side.
- Cross the road and continue up Station Road.
- Further along Station Road the pathway slopes to a dropped kerb which crosses the access point leading to the Royal York Hotel car park.
- Cross the access point and continue in the same direction on Station Road to Station Avenue.
- At the junction for Station Road and Station Avenue, there is a pelican crossing with a dropped kerb which has tactile markings.
- Cross the road and continue up Station Avenue.
- The surface of the pathway along Station Avenue consists of paving slabs, block paving and tarmac.
- The tarmac section of the path has some potholes and drain covers.
- Along Station Avenue you will come across more dropped kerbs with tactile paving at the junction of Station Avenue and Leeman Road and a cycle track.
- Station Avenue curves right then left under York City Wall.
- This route then leads back onto Station Road.
- Back on Station Road the surface of the pathway is paving slabs.
- Station Road leads across Lendal Bridge to Museum Street.
- There is a steep slope leading to Lendal Bridge.
- Station Road runs along the side of York City Wall.
- There is seating at the side of the wall.
- Continue over the bridge onto Museum Street.
- The surface of the pathway on Museum Street is paving slabs.
- Along the street there are dropped kerbs with tactile markings at the entrances for Museum Gardens and the Library.
- There is seating outside the Museum Gardens.
- Continue along Museum Street.
- At the end of Museum Street cross to the other side of the street at the pelican crossing.
- The crossing has dropped kerbs with tactile markings.
- Once you are across the road, veer left and then turn right around the corner onto Blake Street.
Blake Street - Information Centre Accessible Entrance
- The surface of the pathway on Blake Street is paving slabs.
- On entering Blake Street the accessible entrance to the information centre is on your right.