- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in York.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is York.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- There is/are 2 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 450cm x 300cm (14ft 9in x 9ft 10in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 6m (6yd 1ft) from the main accessible entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located in the car park.
- The car park is 10m from the venue's entrance.
Outside Access (Car Park - Main Entrance)
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 120cm (3ft 11in) wide.
- The reception desk is 2m (6ft 7in) from the front entrance.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk is low height.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use system.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- This accessible toilet is 25m (27yd 1ft) from the accessible entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located in the main corridor beyond the waiting area.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 240cm x 190cm (7ft 10in x 6ft 3in).
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The tap type is lever.
- The emergency alarm is not fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The towel dispenser is 126cm (4ft 2in) high.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 75cm (2ft 6in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the walls and floor is fair.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- Wall mounted and drop down rails are available.
- There are baby changing facilities in the accessible toilet.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are available in Braille.
- Documents are available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is normally on duty.
- Staff are trained to BSL level (unknown at time of research).
- The photograph shows the waiting area.
- All GPs at this surgery have basic training in BSL.