Show Easy Read
- The Shannon Pot is the traditional source of the River Shannon.
- Small streams high up in the Cuilcagh Mountains disappear into the limestone bedrock and join-up together in the underground before breaking through to the surface as the spring that forms the source of this important river. .
- The spring is located approximately 375 metres from the car park and is accessed via a surfaced footpath.
- There is a picnic area next to the car park.
- Information boards are located in the car park and next to Shannon Pot.
- A bench seat is also provided next to the spring at the end of the footpath.
- The Cavan Way track runs through the Shannon Pot car park.
- This is a designated National Waymarked route.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the village.
- This venue is situated in Glangevlin.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 0 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Level Change (Picnic Area)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located leading into the picnic area from the car park.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 125cm (4ft 1in).
Outside Access (Pedestrian Access Point)
- This information is for the entrance located in the car park.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The pedestrian gate open away from you (push).
- The gate is single width.
- The gate is heavy.
- The door opening is 137cm (4ft 5in) wide.
- Alternative access is via a 39cm squeeze gap next to the gate.
- There is not level access to the service.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
Level Change (Footpath)
- The footpath which runs from the car park to Shannon Pot has a concrete surface and is 150cm wide.
- The path has easy to moderate slopes.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Photograph 1 shows the information boards and bench seat at the end of the footpath, next to Shannon Pot.
- Photograph 2 shows the Cavan Way Waymarked Trail next to the car park.