COVID-19 Information (Coventry University)
Location of Room(s)
- Community House A is/are located on the first and second floors of the Alison Gingell Building.
- To view the AccessAble access guide for Alison Gingell Building please click here (new tab).
- This is one of two purpose built simulation houses, which are used to create a number of teaching scenarios. These include emergency situations for paramedics, Forensic Science investigations, assessing home settings and Care Services helping patients in their own homes.
- The ground floor of the house is located on the first floor of the Alison Gingell Building, and is accessed by a medium step and a light door, 76cm wide, that opens inwards (photographs 1 and 2).
- There is an entrance to the first floor of the house on the second floor of the building. This has level access and a sliding door, 75 cm wide (photographs 3 and 4).
- The internal doors in the house are between 76 - 86cm wide.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G and 1.
- The stairs are located in the centre of the house.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- These stairs can be overcome using the lift in the Alison Gingell Building and the entrances off the first and second floors.