- Services / facilities within the building include Crawley Town Bowls Club, Crawley Eagles Cricket Club, Cherry Lane Adventure Playground, Tennis Courts, Football field, Play Area, BMX Track.
- The park is open all year round.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Crawley.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Crawley.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 5 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 450cm x 450cm (14ft 9in x 14ft 9in).
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There is level access to the service.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- There are easy and moderate slopes and uneven surfaces throughout the park gardens.
Level Change (Tennis Courts)
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located leading to the Tennis Courts.
- There is / are 4 step(s) to the area / service.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The BMX track is located off the lane next the playing fields, beyond the adventure playground.
- There a two tracks: Wheels for All Inclusive Track - a track specially designed for people with disabilities in mind so that they can participate in cycling activities to help gain confidence, improve their cycling skills, and above all have fun with peers in a safe but challenging environment.
- Progressive track – A BMX pump track for riders who show that they have the necessary skills and ability to advance to the next level.
- The tracks are open access, but for organised sessions there is equipment available to borrow. This includes a fleet of specially adapted cycles and BMX bikes, such as tandem, quads and tricycles, for all varieties of users. These are easy to ride, even for those whose balance, use of their limbs, or ability to learn new skills is challenged.
- In addition to the organised sessions, the track is available to hire for groups, without or without in instructor. Please see the link in the introduction to the Wheels for Wellbeing project for details of the programme and contact details for hiring.
- The project also offers training to instructors of cycling for people with disabilities.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 10m (10yd 2ft) from the car park.
- This accessible toilet is located to the side of the cricket club.
- There is not level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from the local council.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 146cm x 180cm (4ft 9in x 5ft 11in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is twist/turn.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on the left.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 42cm (1ft 5in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Level Change (Adapted Toilet)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the adapted toilet.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Standard toilets are available when the cricket club is open.