- The venue is in a pedestrian area.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Crawley.
- There are external queuing points.
- The external queuing points are clearly marked/signed.
- There are separate doors for entering and exiting.
- There is a member of staff available at the entrance.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are free standing.
- Hand sanitisers are available inside the venue.
- There is a limited number of people allowed inside.
- There is a Track and Trace system in place.
- There is a one-way system throughout.
- The one-way system is clearly marked/signed.
- There are protective clear screens located at desks/counters.
- Toilets are available.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is Parkside Car Park.
- The car park is located on Parkside.
On Street Standard Parking
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) both ways.
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) may be difficult to open.
- The width of the door opening is 110cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- The hearing assistance system was tested by an AccessAble surveyor.
- The hearing assistance system was tested on 17/03/2020.
- The hearing assistance system was working at the time of testing.
- This venue does play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are good.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the café.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- Some tables are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 1m (3ft 3in) from the main entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 60cm (1ft 12in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 103cm (3ft 5in).
- The standard height for tables is 60cm.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold meals and snacks.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is pictorial and written text signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 20m (21yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located directly ahead, at the far side of the venue.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 88cm (2ft 11in).
- The door may be difficult to open.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 210cm (4ft 11in x 6ft 11in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are sanitary and non-infectious waste disposal units.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 47cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are moderate to good.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 93cm (3ft 1in).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
- The standard toilets were out of service at time of survey (March 2020).
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.